Data Recovery tool 1.0 (undelete, raw copy, imaging)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
AlephX

Data Recovery tool 1.0 (undelete, raw copy, imaging)

#1 Post by AlephX »

Hi!
I've found this free program which can be very useful. I didn't test it, but I have seen that tries to call home (if you have a firewall this is not a problem).

The zip file to download it is about 46 Kb.

I don't think it writes any setting.

synopsis:
Undelete Files (Recover lost and deleted data from hard drives, floppy disks / zip drives, basic or dynamic volumes,compressed or fragmented files,compact flash, Smart Media, USB drives, MP3 Players etc.. )

Copy Files (Recovers files from disks with physical damage such propagation of bad sectors on disk)

Raw Copy (Transfers binary raw image from one drive directly to another. It is rather similar to the infamous "Ghost" function. Also performs a disk clone backup)

Image Backup / Restore (Create and write disk image files to and from hard drives and any removable media)

Boot Builder ( Import or export the boot sector of a drive)

site:
http://www.adrc.net/data_recovery_software/index.html

Darkbee

#2 Post by Darkbee »

Is it just me, or does this program open up a web browser every single time its run? Program looks good but that "popup" is really annoying. RegShot didn't find anything in the registry after running the program.

AlephX

#3 Post by AlephX »

Is it just me, or does this program open up a web browser every single time its run? Program looks good but that "popup" is really annoying. RegShot didn't find anything in the registry after running the program.
It happens to me too. I defined it "a program which calls home", even if it means something different.

It' s quite annoing... :cry:

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

Posted to the database. Thanks!