(E)lephant v 0.0.1.2B

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

(E)lephant v 0.0.1.2B

#1 Post by JohnW »

I had been using Cryptload for Rapidshare downloads. I suspect many other PFC readers will be familiar with it. I found it impressive but I came across this program more recently which seems even more reliable.

I won't provide details on Cryptload because although,as far as I'm concerned, it's totally portable , it does require .NET Framework.

(E)lephant makes no mention of .NET.
It requires no installation but I'm not really sure about its 'portability' because I had been using it extensively before I realised that it might be a PFC candidate.

It is a download manager with the prime objective of downloading from Rapidshare etc without the usual long waits.

It will recognise and submit the CAPCHA images so that part of the download process is automated.
It will auto reconnect your internet connection to get a new dynamic IP address. So there is no wait after a significant download

You will still have standard ticket wait.

Further details and the download are on ...

Code: Select all

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/12/18/another-perfect-way-to-unlimited-rapidshare-downloading/
For me it's a MUST HAVE !!!

In this context ...

Does anyone know of a utility etc which will tell me if an app needs .NET ?

portackager

#2 Post by portackager »

I saw this at the Autoit forums, supposably it was written with Autoit3.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index ... l=elephant

But it appears make make this registry key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\System.EnterpriseServices.qrtzpukenwa12.3111.firm.dta\

Although I must admit though with just playing with it, for a few minutes it seems it might come useful.