CellPro Spreadsheet

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
NunoSilva

CellPro Spreadsheet

#1 Post by NunoSilva »

A simple spreadsheet is CellPro
https://www.crystaloffice.com/cellpro/
a spreadsheet somewhere between Spread32 and Gnumeric.
To make it portable just have an empty "portable.flag" file into its folder.

joby_toss

Re: CellPro Spreadsheet

#2 Post by joby_toss »

Tested CellPro version 2.1.0.0.

Downloaded installer package cellpro.exe can be UniExtract-ed and has the following SHA-256 signature:

Code: Select all

294094493358833303C9F180B70519685045D00FCA9198E2CE38CCA6760361ED
Program's executable cellpro.exe file has the following SHA-256 signature:

Code: Select all

EB78D8016C23185AE75A35A557579D5FB7EF598042F4F7FFD7687B7A66B07406
Verdict: Portable, not stealth.

Few screencaps during the testing process:

P.S. for the last 2 hours I tried to add this one to the database and I keep getting this error:

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Thanks to joby_toss for reporting the problem with adding new entries! I have fixed the issue and added CellPro to the database:

https://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=3083

Please feel free to enhance the entry's content as you deem fit, and don't forget to vote!

A couple of points:

- I ran regshot and didn't find any traces left behind by the program in portable mode. What traces did you observe that made you report that CellPro is not stealth?

- I did however find it to pop up an ad (for "WinLock") near the system tray. This happens only once after each launch, and the wait seems to be random (once it took > 5 mins before the ad popped up, another time it took < 1 min).

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss »

Andrew Lee wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:11 pm - I ran regshot and didn't find any traces left behind by the program in portable mode. What traces did you observe that made you report that CellPro is not stealth?
I get this one every time:
- I did however find it to pop up an ad (for "WinLock") near the system tray. This happens only once after each launch, and the wait seems to be random (once it took > 5 mins before the ad popped up, another time it took < 1 min).
I'm using Sandboxie for testing and did not get any ads. Maybe Sandboxie blocks something, I don't know.
Please feel free to enhance the entry's content as you deem fit, and don't forget to vote!
I voted but I still get the HTTP ERROR 500 when trying to edit the entry (wanted to add alternative apps).
Thank you!

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

joby_toss wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:20 amI voted but I still get the HTTP ERROR 500 when trying to edit the entry (wanted to add alternative apps).
Thank you!
Another error, which has been fixed. Please try again!
joby_toss wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:20 am I get this one every time:
You are 100% correct. I did not setup my regshot properly. I have corrected the entry.
joby_toss wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:20 am I'm using Sandboxie for testing and did not get any ads. Maybe Sandboxie blocks something, I don't know.
That's possible. Let's wait for others to chime in. I conducted the test several times, and have encountered the ad without fail.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Andrew Lee wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:23 am Let's wait for others to chime in. I conducted the test several times, and have encountered the ad without fail.
No ads so far in my testing.

Andrew Lee

#7 Post by Andrew Lee »

Just tested again. Screenshot attached.

cellpro.png

Steps to reproduce:

- Launch CellPro
- Leave in background for 5 minutes
- Ad pops up at bottom right corner of screen

lintalist

#8 Post by lintalist »

Yep, it appears after a couple of minutes. Shame.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

Andrew Lee wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:25 pm - Ad pops up at bottom right corner of screen
Oh dang it's a pop up ad? That's not great. Can we block that through notification settings or something?

joby_toss

#10 Post by joby_toss »

I finally got one:

Edit: another thing I found: Spelling folder path is hardcoded into the Spell.cfg file, so when you rename/move the app's folder, the old Spelling path is recreated and used...not nice at all.

Andrew Lee

#11 Post by Andrew Lee »

joby_toss wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:06 pm Edit: another thing I found: Spelling folder path is hardcoded into the Spell.cfg file, so when you rename/move the app's folder, the old Spelling path is recreated and used...not nice at all.
Have you tried editing the cfg file to use a relative path? Does it work?

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

Yes, I did. Sadly it doesn't work. I will retract my vote for the time being.

And another thing: the ads are contained in the application itself, they are not downloaded from the internet (no internet connection was established before they appeared).