FatBits 2.03 Magnifier App

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
TalkOrBell

FatBits 2.03 Magnifier App

#1 Post by TalkOrBell »

Hello...First submission here...

We have FatBits 2.03 desktop mag app. Have tried many apps but this one is the only one that has features I personally find the best. Win32 works on any old machine...

This SINGLE EXE free version never expires but you do have to 'OK' a startup splash every time you open as it is the free version otherwise no difference from registered.

http://www.digitalmantra.com/fatbits/

Does it write to reg? Don't know but being what it is it would not bother me. I am sure, as I have perused much of the forum, That many will take up the task.

Let's say I shake my fists at the sky and retort "I certainly HOPE it doesn't wrote to the registry!!!"

webfork

Re: FatBits 2.03 Magnifier App

#2 Post by webfork »

Hey, thanks for the submission. What do the crosshatch and position elements do? Is it better than that Viewlens / Pixelscope program billon posted about?
TalkOrBell wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:12 pm you do have to 'OK' a startup splash every time you open as it
Unfortunately that puts it in the category of nagware, something we generally don't add to the live database. The listed license denotes being free for personal use.

TalkOrBell

#3 Post by TalkOrBell »

The crosshatch is if you desire a grid across the viewport...or not...

The position just relates to where you want numerical information taken from other than cursor absolute...

I have taken a gander at viewlens-pixelscope but they are somewhat different in purpose...Like apples-oranges. I may try those others but they don't look like my cup to tea...

Anyway it was that post that reminded me of FatBits...Which is nagware? OK then. Personally I can open it up faster than most other mag apps that open slower but are not nagware. Too bad on this one...

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Still a worthy freeware, TalkOrBell, so a welcome submission. Thanks. 8)

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

TalkOrBell wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:12 pm Personally I can open it up faster than most other mag apps that open slower but are not nagware. Too bad on this one...
Hey no worries -- I have a few nagware programs that I use, it's site policy.
Midas wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:15 am ... a welcome submission. Thanks. 8)
Agreed