PortExpert

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

PortExpert

#1 Post by webfork »

An easy to use to look at Internet connections used by programs on your computer. This is especially useful to see whether a program that isn't explicitly an Internet is connecting.

Features:
Identifies remote servers (WhoIs service)
Allows to open containing folder of any applications
Allow to easily search for more info online
Automatic identification of related service : FTP, HTTP, HTTPS,...
Capability to show/hide system level processes
Capability to show/hide loopbacks
Time freeze function

Home: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/?portexpert
Softpedia mirror: https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE- ... able.shtml
Discussion of KC Softwares: viewtopic.php?p=66452#p66452

Special

Re: PortExpert

#2 Post by Special »

Gave this a try since I'm always on the lookout for useful tools of this nature, but this one unfortunately adds nothing new to the table that Sysinternals' TCPView or NirSoft's many networking tools (CurrPorts, LiveTcpUdpWatch, NetworkTrafficView & IPNetInfo) don't already do, so whats the point?

webfork

Re: PortExpert

#3 Post by webfork »

Special wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 am Gave this a try since I'm always on the lookout for useful tools of this nature, but this one unfortunately adds nothing new to the table that Sysinternals' TCPView or NirSoft's many networking tools (CurrPorts, LiveTcpUdpWatch, NetworkTrafficView & IPNetInfo) don't already do, so whats the point?
I saw this program on Softpedia and remembered I had a use for that, but really I'm generally happier with Sysinternals' additional features and Nirsoft's generally better details/reporting. Good call.