DTPad - text editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

DTPad - text editor

#1 Post by webfork »

Joby mentioned this one years ago and wish I'd looked at more closely ...
synopsis wrote:DtPad is a Windows text editor, developed with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and identified by many advanced features, including HTML and XML code management, search in files, search with regular expressions, note mode (light window in foreground), built-in multilanguage support with dictionaries usage, integration with online services (ie. Google, Wikipedia), CSV file management and much more.
There's some really cool features in this including search, calendar, navigation, and a lot more. I would have liked to have seen where it went next.

Download:
The program sadly is no longer in development and you have to dig through Codeplex's archive (a very big archive with all the files) to find the download. https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=dtpad ... There's also a Softpedia link but it unfortunately points back to the codeplex site: https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE- ... tPad.shtml

The archive file is located in the \releases\7 folder as (for some reason) "02a52cc2-0840-4666-9efd-62d10a3b9160". You can also download it here dtpad-2-11-0-40.rar (my mirror). SHA256: 01F9E754EBED9D4D2BB265B56CAC88AC909C1B91FDA25D9BFC43CB9CC59432E5

Extract process: Once you get the RAR file from the process above, open with 7zip (or RAR-compatible program) to a folder of your choice, and launch dtpad.exe. You can delete the files DtHelp.exe, DtPadUninstaller.exe, and DtPadUpdater.exe without issue.

Status: Portable. Writes to local folder as DtPad.exe.Config and several places in SupportFiles

License: Apache 2.0

Screenshot:

Most notably (for me) the program outputs it's regex results to a separate window:

Last edited by webfork on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.