TinyWebRadio

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Simon.T

TinyWebRadio

#1 Post by Simon.T »

TinyWebRadio: Suggested by freakazoid
I was looking for a small and portable player for listening and recording webradio-streams
Now I couldn't find a good one so I decided to make one myself.

The application is made as basic as possible so it should be self explainatory.

Supported input formats
* mp3 * wma * asx * asf * ram * ogg * aac * m3u * pls

Supported output formats
* mp3 * ogg

Current version: 1.0
Download: tinywebradio.v1.0.rar

Screenshots

Available Versions:

Simon.T

[file

#2 Post by Simon.T »

Updated! Current version: 2.0
Download: tinywebradio.v2.0.rar

It works now with Vista Home Basic, seems to be a pretty nice application, it has some very similar features like Screamer Radio (Presets & Favorites)
Changelog: Version 2.0 (2007-12-05)
- Rebuilt most of the GUI and rewrote most of the code
- If there are more than one streaming URL in the playlist, you can select anyone of them
- Added a list of presets with the option to create your own list based on genres
- The equalizer now saves your settings
- Displaying what type of stream you are listening to
- Added a favorites menu where you can store your favorite stations
- Added a small controlpanel to view/rename/delete your recordings
- Option to show what you are listening to in Live Messenger
- Fixed a bug that resulted in a crash if the string that was sent to the notifyicon was longer than 64 characters

We need to have a radio (streaming media) player based on the Mozilla engine!! or maybe an add-on for VideoLAN to manage & to read the stations list from a Presets menu from the Screamer's presets.xml file which is placed in presets.xml.gz... Just an idea

dasfx

#3 Post by dasfx »

Hey Simon,
I like this one and might give it a try. Unfortunately it is .Net 2 :(

DasFX

Drutt

#4 Post by Drutt »

dasfx wrote:Hey Simon,
I like this one and might give it a try. Unfortunately it is .Net 2 :(

DasFX
I second the sentiment :(

Leif

#5 Post by Leif »

So you'll have to stick to old Screamer Radio, then! :wink:

snowflake

#6 Post by snowflake »

What's the problem with .NET 2.0, in case you haven't heard, .NET 3.5 is out so maybe it's time for you to upgrade :wink:

Leif

#7 Post by Leif »

Not portable, then; that's the problem.

Queue

#8 Post by Queue »

Even with .NET being up to 3.5 (jeez, and I thought we were just at 3.0, which I haven't even touched yet), it's not unusual to find computers that don't have ANY versions of .NET installed and it's common to encounter computers that have some forms of .NET but do not have them patched. The same goes for having a Java runtime environment installed (blech).

So, it seems some assumptions have been made when dealing with portable applications as far as this site goes as far as I have seen.

Delphi-based applications seem to have no trouble as far as being portable goes. VC++ and Visual Basic stuff seems to mostly be ok, though you might want to carry around the VC8.0 and newest non-.NET VB DLL files with you in case you encounter a computer that lacks them.

This is how I've understood things to work around here anyway, someone correct me or add to that if I missed something.

Queue

snowflake

#9 Post by snowflake »

Ok, you have a really good point, I didn't even think about it like that.
I guess I just assumed that computers in general at least had the .NET Framework v2.0 these days.

Drutt

#10 Post by Drutt »

It's not installed here, simply because I don't want to have to install something just to support other applications, ruins the concept of portability tbh Not to mention there's always the chance a host computer you use may not have it installed, as mentioned above.
There's only been a couple of applications that I would like to have but rely on .net, so it's not such a problem, more of an occasional annoyance, but that's life lol
Cheers for the great looking app anyway, just hope it's developed beyond .net at some point :wink: