Middle-Click Simulator

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Simon.T

Middle-Click Simulator

#1 Post by Simon.T »

Middle-Click on a Touchpad Laptop Mouse
–Two Button Middle Click–

I’ve heard that most laptops simulate a middle mouse button when the user presses both the left and right buttons at the same time. I was initially excited, and thought that this would cure all of my problems. Unfortunately, it has never worked on any laptops I’ve tried.

That was my ideal solution, and I searched like a mad monkey trying to find a way to make it happen. To my dismay I was on my own because Google didn’t come through for me. Then it dawned on me that I could easily do this myself with an AutoHotKey script! In fact it only took two lines of code:

Code: Select all

~LButton & RButton::MouseClick, Middle
    ~RButton & LButton::MouseClick, Middle
That essentially checks to see if both mouse buttons have been pressed down at the same time, and if they have then simulate a middle-click of the mouse. Pretty cool, huh? I also put it together in a standalone application that you can throw in your Windows Startup folder without needing to have AutoHotKey installed:

Download the Middle-Click Simulator
Nevertheless there is one downside... (read more)