Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
skunkos

Re: Textilosaurus - simple text editor

#16 Post by skunkos »

"For it to be of any use, please make it user customizable or at least ISO compliant ("YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss")." OK, I will add setting for it.

Time can be inserted, it is build-in "tool" located in Tools->DateTime submenu. You can assign keyboard shortcut in SEttings -> Keyboard shortcuts.

https://imgur.com/a/ucf5I

Thanks for making post public, tbh I do not really think that textilosaurus is "feature-rich", not yet. :)

Midas

#17 Post by Midas »

Great. Thanks for the walktrough. :)

skunkos

#18 Post by skunkos »

Configurable timestamp format added in latest release.

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

I did an update to the entry for a little more detail. Based on what I'm seeing on the website, this is 64-bit only so I've noted that in the entry.

Also Zorro noted that this requires VisualC++ runtimes ... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145 ... can anyone verify this?

skunkos

#20 Post by skunkos »

The application itself can be compiled for x86 too, but I think that x64 is more-or-less standard these days, thus, I prebuild only binaries for x64.

skunkos

#21 Post by skunkos »

Let me test those DLL runtime dependencies, the only libraries which are used from Windows paths are:
SHELL32.DLL, KERNEL32.DLL and bunch of API-MS-WIN-* dlls. Visual C++ runtime IS ALREADY bundled in the application archive/installer. Specifically files vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll - VC runtime 2017.

bitcoin

#22 Post by bitcoin »

should change the name to something more serious than Textilosaurus

webfork

#23 Post by webfork »

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 amshould change the name to something more serious than Textilosaurus
I'm okay with it but I in particular care more about picking a name that's reasonably unique. So many programs pick a too-generic name.

skunkos

#24 Post by skunkos »

webfork wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm
bitcoin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 amshould change the name to something more serious than Textilosaurus
I'm okay with it but I in particular care more about picking a name that's reasonably unique. So many programs pick a too-generic name.
Exactly, it is actually quite difficult to pick nice and unique name.

Midas

#25 Post by Midas »

What about "Textilo"? Shorter and not so pre-historic... :)

skunkos

#26 Post by skunkos »

Midas

#27 Post by Midas »

I see... :cry:

"Textual" & "Logopad" didn't show up in my Google search -- "Texilo" & "Lexilo" might be available, too... :?

skunkos

#28 Post by skunkos »

https://www.logopad.cz/

"Textual" seems just too generic for my taste and https://www.codeux.com/textual/

Let me assemble some list maybe there will be some good word: Scrib (modification of latin translation for "text"), Kant (surname of Immanuel Kant, one of best writing philosophers of all time), Tekstpad, Liber (sheet of paper in latin), Skriptum (book in latin), Caput (paragraph in latin), Verbum (sentence in latin), Epistol (tweaked translation of "writing" in latin), Plumbum (pencil in latin).

What you think?

billon

#29 Post by billon »

"Textilosaurus" is completely OK
Why would you change it?
There is also icon
Will you change it too?
Repository name?

skunkos

#30 Post by skunkos »

You are right, I myself am comfortable with the name and I will not likely change it. I just did some brainstorming to maybe see some amazing other names, but I do not think there is really better name so far. Btw, I just added "markdown preview" feature - https://imgur.com/a/sN3sg