Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: Textilosaurus - simple text editor

#46 Post by Midas »

Test run: everything nominal. 😎

Incidentally, stacked licenses in "About..." dialog are truly an elegant solution I'm seeing for the first time...

skunkos

#47 Post by skunkos »

Thank you, Midas. :)

skunkos

#48 Post by skunkos »

Midas wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:38 am My personal appraisal: although I'm fully aware Textilosaurus isn't a Notepad replacement, two of the three basic features I consider when evaluating a text editor are missing. Although a complete case changing function is present (see "Edit | Text case conversion"), automagic activation of URLs and .LOG function are not (most Scintilla based editors can't do the 2nd).
Hello midas.

I added full support for automagic URL highlighting which does not require mouse hover and works efficiently also for big files (as it operates only on currently visible text).

Midas

#49 Post by Midas »

skunkos wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:56 pmI added full support for automagic URL highlighting which does not require mouse hover and works efficiently also for big files (as it operates only on currently visible text).
Hi there. Nice going. A much appreciated feature that I am sure will propel Textilosaurus popularity. 8)

skunkos

#50 Post by skunkos »

billon

#51 Post by billon »

:evil:

Midas

Re: Textosaurus - simple text editor

#52 Post by Midas »

Can we keep our cool here and show some appreciation instead? skunkos is providing his work for free, so he's entitled to call it whatever he wants...

I downloaded and tested the latest release, looking good. 8)

Here's a minor niggle with URL recognition -- Textosaurus correctly activates something like 'mailto:someone@the.net' but not 'someone@the.net' alone; other editors can do it (and manifestly phpBB does it, too) so why not yours?

nickoftime

#53 Post by nickoftime »

BTW, great job... I do like the URL highlighting.

Is there any chance you could add spell checking capabilities to the product? Along with the usual coding tasks, I would also use it for simple text file editing.

Thanks, Nick

skunkos

Re: Textosaurus - simple text editor

#54 Post by skunkos »

Midas wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 am Can we keep our cool here and show some appreciation instead? skunkos is providing his work for free, so he's entitled to call it whatever he wants...

I downloaded and tested the latest release, looking good. 8)

Here's a minor niggle with URL recognition -- Textosaurus correctly activates something like 'mailto:someone@the.net' but not 'someone@the.net' alone; other editors can do it (and manifestly phpBB does it, too) so why not yours?
Because I simply forgot about plain e-mail strings. There is a single regex which handles all substrings which should be highlighted as "URL".

Fixed: https://github.com/martinrotter/textosa ... 292184e947

skunkos

#55 Post by skunkos »

nickoftime wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm BTW, great job... I do like the URL highlighting.

Is there any chance you could add spell checking capabilities to the product? Along with the usual coding tasks, I would also use it for simple text file editing.

Thanks, Nick
Thank you. Well, currently the base feature set is there. I certainly can think about opt-in spell-checking feature. I must find suitable and minimalistic C++ library which can do that. Can you file a feature request for this? Please, be very verbose about what behavior/features spell-checking should have so that I can properly implement it. THANK YOU for your support.

skunkos

#56 Post by skunkos »

billon wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:31 am and why the fuck you did it?
actually don't care, downvoted
Well, what to say. Many people wrote me that word Textilosaurus associates with "textile" rather than with "text", which is propably true. Hence I decided to rename project rather earlier and make the name clearer.

skunkos

#57 Post by skunkos »

skunkos

#58 Post by skunkos »

Midas

Re: Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

#59 Post by Midas »

Quick tip: anyone using Textosaurus portably and not wanting to go through installing 'vc_redist.x64.exe' (VC 2015 runtimes) on target systems might as well just copy 'msvcp140.dll' and 'vcruntime140.dll' to 'textosaurus.exe' folder -- you can get those files by searching any system with the runtimes installed or from any recent Firefox folder.

As an additional bonus, one can shave almost 15MB from disk cost by then deleting 'vc_redist.x64.exe'.

billon

Re: Textosaurus (Textilosaurus) - simple text editor

#60 Post by billon »

Midas wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:35 am might as well just copy 'msvcp140.dll' and 'vcruntime140.dll' to 'textosaurus.exe' folder -- you can get those files by searching any system with the runtimes installed or from any recent Firefox folder.
Or extracting them from 'vc_redist.x64.exe