AlephNote

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: AlephNote

#16 Post by smaragdus »

webfork wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:07 pm I'm very impressed with the AlephNote dev. Fixed some issues very quickly.
To this day all the features I have requested have been implemented and all the problems I have come across have been fixed.
Many thanks to the developer, Mike Schwörer.

starshakur

#17 Post by starshakur »

First time using AlephNote and testing it right now, i'm using Filesystem with a local folder, how do i add tags?

smaragdus

#18 Post by smaragdus »

@starshakur

See the screen-shot below:

Just type in the Tags Bar.

You may also have a look at AlephNote Wiki.

Flea

#19 Post by Flea »

Hi, I had trouble to get clickable links, and asked in the comments in the downloadsection, but I think it might be better to to further inquire here.
I figured out now, that in order to have clickable links you need to have "markdown" disabled on the note.
Is there an option to have both, clickable links and markdown working at the same time?
Thanks.

starshakur

#20 Post by starshakur »

smaragdus wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:00 am @starshakur

That's what i'm trying to do, it just doesn't accept anything i write. Clicking on the Tag Search Button give no response, no idea what i'm doing wrong.

Flea

#21 Post by Flea »

starshakur wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 am
smaragdus wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:00 am @starshakur

That's what i'm trying to do, it just doesn't accept anything i write. Clicking on the Tag Search Button give no response, no idea what i'm doing wrong.
Don't want to bother you with what's most likely a dump question, but sometimes it's easy to forget things:
Do you hit the return key after typing a tag? It won't accept it otherwise.

smaragdus

#22 Post by smaragdus »

@Flea
To create new tag type it in the tag bar and hit "Enter".
To delete a tag mark it and hit "Back Space".

@starshakur
You need to already have created tags to use the tag search. When you type an already created tag in the tag search box AlephNote shows all notes which have this tag.

Screen:

Flea

#23 Post by Flea »

smaragdus wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 am @Flea
To create new tag type it in the tag bar and hit "Enter".
I wasn't asking but advising him, I just called the key "return" key, which is another name for it .... :-)

Do have any idea about my question above? Thanks.
EDIT: Just saw your comment at the download site...Thank you.

starshakur

#24 Post by starshakur »

@Flea
@smaragdus

Did you try adding Tags while using "Filesystem" as the "Active account"? No matter what i do, it doesn't work. Changing it to "No Remote" and it works as intended.

Flea

#25 Post by Flea »

starshakur wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:12 am @Flea
@smaragdus
Did you try adding Tags while using "Filesystem" as the "Active account"? No matter what i do, it doesn't work. Changing it to "No Remote" and it works as intended.
I'm syncing it with Standard Notes as active account. It flawlessly syncs the data with the corresponding android app.

starshakur

#26 Post by starshakur »

Flea wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 amI'm syncing it with Standard Notes as active account. It flawlessly syncs the data with the corresponding android app.
That's why you can add tags and i couldn't, my guess is that Filesystem as the Active account doesn't support tags.

smallhagrid

#27 Post by smallhagrid »

Reminds me very much of a former love - Zim !!
A shame it requires things that XP SP2 provides as it would be sooo perfect in so many ways for the things I do every day.
Thanks for sharing this info all the same as it was really a pleasure to read through.