iPhotoDraw

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

iPhotoDraw

#1 Post by webfork »

Like the Greenshot image editor, it's not that this is loaded with features so much as it packs a whole lot into a small package. I tested this because I was frustrated with Greenshot's lack of zoom control, whereas this one is baked right in (ctrl+scroll wheel).

Homepage: http://www.iphotodraw.com/

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... able.shtml

Status: Writes to the application folder. Didn't test for stealth.

Requires: dotNET4

License: Freeware

Size: 22/32 megs compressed/uncompressed

webfork

Re: iPhotoDraw

#3 Post by webfork »

iPhotoDraw was added to the database long time ago (on 2014-06-03) but it is still a private entry.
This happens every time I post something in a rush. Thanks for updating the entry.

--

EDIT: I have updated the description to note some of the new features and then voted. This is a pretty cool program.

__philippe

#4 Post by __philippe »

webfork wrote:Like the Greenshot image editor, it's not that this is loaded with features so much as it packs a whole lot into a small package...
31MB iPhotoDraw
 4MB Greenshot
 1MB FastStoneCapture

Smallness is in the eye of the beholder...;-)

smaragdus

#5 Post by smaragdus »

@webfork

I think that iPhotoDraw deserves to be in the database so thank you for your vote. The database entry hadn't had a forum thread before you created this one and it was in my task list to post about it in the forum. I have one major complaint which forced me to stop upgrading iPhotoDraw- I am using still version 1.9 Build 5404, the new program icon is terrible, it is not an icon but a daub. So I did not update the database entry icon because I feel nausea even touching such blotches like the new icon. If you'd like update it but I will not do it myself.

The old and the new icon (the old one is above):

@__philippe

iPhotoDraw version 2.3 Build 6294 is really about 31 MB uncompressed but only the manual (iPhotoDraw.chm) is about 19 MB. The executable (iPhotoDraw.exe) is only 769 KB. I think it is meaningless to compare an old, incompatible with modern versions of Windows (Compatibility mode helps a bit) program released more than 10 years ago like FastStone Capture with a new .NET one (in fact I have aversion for .NET programs). By the way the current portable version of FastStone Capture - 8.4 is about 10 MB uncompressed (the executable- FSCapture.exe, is about 5 MB) but it costs 19.95 USD.
Last edited by smaragdus on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

__philippe

#6 Post by __philippe »

__philippe wrote: 31MB iPhotoDraw
 4MB Greenshot
 1MB FastStoneCapture
smaragdus wrote: iPhotoDraw version 2.3 Build 6294 is really about 31 MB uncompressed but only the manual (iPhotoDraw.chm) is about 19 MB. The executable (iPhotoDraw.exe) is only 769 KB.
I think it is meaningless to compare an old, incompatible with modern versions of Windows (Compatibility mode helps a bit) program released more than 10 years ago like FastStone Capture
with a new .NET one (in fact I have aversion for .NET programs). ...
@smaragdus

No intent to enter into a shouting match about the relative merits of various apps size-comparison methods,...and yet :

The sizes I used above are according to TPFC standard practice, ie total file size of uncompressed distro package elements,
quite meaningful indeed to quickly evaluate comparative disk footprint cost.

As for comparing exclusively the run-time (exe+dll) components sizes of respective TPFC entries,
please note it is meaningless to exclude from the comparison essential run-time *.dll components,
such as in iPhotoDraw (*.exe 814,592 bytes + *.dll's 11,565,056 bytes )... :roll:

Besides,
I don't really give a rat's tail if a program was released 10 years ago, as long as it is still doing today a decent job for its intended purpose...;-)

Apps Run-Time components Bytes size compared:

12,379,648 iPhotoDraw v2.3
 1,306,816 GreenShot-NO-installer-v1.2.9.129-release.zip
 1,111,552 FastStoneCapture v5.3 (last free version)

Cheers,

__philippe

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

So iPhotoDraw is roughly 12x larger than other image edition programs. PhotoScape is about 2x larger than that while GIMP is about 14x larger. So I guess it's a "medium"? *shrug*

I'm not saying it's irrelevant and size is still a factor, but all this while I have a high speed 256 gig thumb drive in my bag that lets me store 8,456 copies of iPhotoDraw?

__philippe

#8 Post by __philippe »

@webfork

I know, I know...much ado about nothing... 8)

Chalk it up to my Leaner-is-Better™ patent obsession ...;-)

Midas

#9 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:All this while I have a high speed 256 gig thumb drive in my bag that lets me store 8,456 copies of iPhotoDraw?
  • And who's a lucky bugger? :mrgreen: *with envy*

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

__philippe wrote:Chalk it up to my Leaner-is-Better™ patent obsession ...;-)
Oh no -- you're allowed that stuff. I'm definitely over-focused on GPG and PDF tools even though that's FAR from the most searched topic on the site.
Midas wrote:And who's a lucky bugger? *with envy*
I dunno ... the prices, speeds, and sizes on these are no longer premium. I got a USB 3 256 drive with 100 megs / sec transfer rate for the same price as a new AAA XBox game.

About the only expensive drives out there are those stupid iPhone/iPad that have to be sold with a chip in them so they can talk to iOS. (God knows if they even still work with the new file system.)

Midas

#11 Post by Midas »

You can't find those where I live... :(