pimClip - Personal information Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
vmars316

pimClip - Personal information Manager

#1 Post by vmars316 »

Hello & Thanks ,

Please , add my pimClip program to your database :

PIM made easy
pimClip is a powerful , portable, easy to use , openSource , 'Personal Information Manager' .
It is actually two programs , pimClip which runs in stealth mode ,
and pimFind which is the search engine portion of the pimClip/pimFind Suite . .
In other words , pimClip builds a freeform information database of text files , ('2016-12-25.txt' , etc..) ,
and pimFind Searches/Finds and displays this information . pimFind-Help.html

pimCLip watches the Clipboard . Whenever the user 'copies text' to the Clipboard ,
pimClip opens up a 'Topics Selection Menu' screen , where user can click on a Topic Button .
pimClip then prePends this Topic + 'copied text' and saves it in a daily file (ie., 2016_07_17.txt).

You can create/edit your own Topic Button Names , which are then saved to a text file ( TopicsBtnList.txt ) .
At program startUp , pimCLip configures the Topics Selection Menu' screen from this 'TopicsBtnList.txt' file .
A User can create as many as '30 Topic Buttons' .

Another useful feature of pimClip is that it can SPEAK the copied text . Just click on the SPEAK Button . pimClip then Saves the spoken text with a prePend of ~~SPEAK~~ .

pimClip files can be downloaded here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pimclip/
or here: http://vmars.us/freeware/pimClip/pimClip.zip

Complete docs & screenShots also here:
http://vmars.us/freeware/pimClip/pimCLip-Help.html

pimClip.exe is (x86)
Compatible win7 and up .

Thanks, vmars316 http://vmars.us/

Please let me know when pimClip is add to your database :)

vmars316

Re: pimClip Personal information Manager

#3 Post by vmars316 »

Hmm...
Sorry , I don't see how you could read this (plus screenshots) and not know what the program does:

pimClip is a powerful , portable, easy to use , openSource , 'Personal Information Manager' .
It is actually two programs , pimClip which runs in stealth mode ,
and pimFind which is the search engine portion of the pimClip/pimFind Suite . .
In other words , pimClip builds a freeform information database of text files , ('2016-12-25.txt' , etc..) ,
and pimFind Searches/Finds and displays this information . pimFind-Help.html

pimCLip watches the Clipboard . Whenever the user 'copies text' to the Clipboard ,
pimClip opens up a 'Topics Selection Menu' screen , where user can click on a Topic Button .
pimClip then prePends this Topic + 'copied text' and saves it in a daily file (ie., 2016_07_17.txt).

You can create/edit your own Topic Button Names , which are then saved to a text file ( TopicsBtnList.txt ) .
At program startUp , pimCLip configures the Topics Selection Menu' screen from this 'TopicsBtnList.txt' file .
A User can create as many as '30 Topic Buttons' .

Another useful feature of pimClip is that it can SPEAK the copied text . Just click on the SPEAK Button . pimClip then Saves the spoken text with a prePend of ~~SPEAK~~ .

btw:
Projects donated to: VLC, CubicExplorer, Ditto, Greenshot, TrueCrypt, WinSplit, ClickyGone, ImgBurn, Rockbox, Serva, ShareX, LibreOffice, Splat, TinyTask, Asuite, AutoVer, KompoZer

Does that mean that you wrote all these programs ?

Thanks

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

vmars316 wrote:Sorry , I don't see how you could read this (plus screenshots) and not know what the program does
I pasted that link because we've been through this before. We have to answer the question "why should I care?" to any program that we submit to the database. We can have convoluted and confusing explanations like many other sites but people just ignore those entries.

Also, copying and pasting what you already entered in a previous entry doesn't help.
Last edited by webfork on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: (bad wording)

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

@vmars316: why don't you add the app to the database yourself? Just try it, there's always a starting point for everything...

smaragdus

#6 Post by smaragdus »

@vmars316
vmars316 wrote:Hello & Thanks ,

Please , add my pimClip program to your database :
No one is obliged to add anything to the database. I add programs to the database when I think that their quality is good. I do not like your programs and I will neither add any of them nor vote for any of them.
vmars316 wrote:...
btw:
Projects donated to: VLC, CubicExplorer, Ditto, Greenshot, TrueCrypt, WinSplit, ClickyGone, ImgBurn, Rockbox, Serva, ShareX, LibreOffice, Splat, TinyTask, Asuite, AutoVer, KompoZer

Does that mean that you wrote all these programs ?

Thanks
You either have problems understanding plain English, or you are impudent and spiteful, or most likely- both. I usually ignore dull and malicious comments like yours but I think that you have gone too far. From now on I will ignore your posts completely.

vmars316

#7 Post by vmars316 »

smaragdus ,
You either have problems understanding plain English, or you are impudent and spiteful, or most likely- both. I usually ignore dull and malicious comments like yours but I think that you have gone too far. From now on I will ignore your posts completely.

Actually , I am none of the above 'unpleasant labels' ,
I am however , 74 yrs old .
And some days I have difficulties understanding things that other days are quite clear .
Today , I think that "Projects donated to" means that he/she donated money to these projects , rather than what I originally thought "perhaps he/she contributed to the actual programming of all these projects . Cool !"
Sorry if I offended you or anyone else .

I program for myself , and if I notice that a particular project is VERY useful to me ,
then I think "maybe this program would be useful to others" . Only then , do I try to get it out there .

Thanks

smaragdus

#8 Post by smaragdus »

@vmars316
I was rude, please excuse me, but I really thought you were trying to be arrogant and derisive.
Good luck.

vmars316

#9 Post by vmars316 »

Thanks .
No probs smaragdus , no probs , life goes on..........vm

vmars316

#10 Post by vmars316 »

webfork ,
I pasted that link because we've been through this before. We have to answer the question "why should I care?" to any program that we submit to the database. We can have convoluted and confusing explanations like many other sites but people just ignore those entries.

Also, copying and pasting what you already entered in a previous entry doesn't help.

I did "copying and pasting" because at the time that was my best shot .
I am happy to give you what you want .
To summarize/overview info , is a skill that has always been a problem for me .
For example , I could never be the guy that who does the overview of
a book for a book cover .

None the less , last nite I was up into the wee hours working on a program overview . Is the following more like what you have in mind ?

"Pim made easy: Just one Click and pimClip files your 'Copied Text' under the Button's name . You assign Button Names . One Click on the FIND screen and pimFind displays all instances of that Topic . The 'Button Topics Screen' pops-up each time you do a Copy Text to Clipboard ."

Btw: The screenShot that's most pertinent to me is this :
http://vmars.us/freeware/pimClip/pimCli ... Screen.png .

Thanks...vm

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

Let's just get the obvious thing out of the way...
vmars316 wrote:I am however , 74 yrs old
Respect. I hope very much at that phase of my life I will still be building something and sharing things.
vmars316 wrote:To summarize/overview info , is a skill that has always been a problem for me
That's not unique: many developers aren't good at describing their work to a less technical audience. However, if the purpose of the site is to solve problems by connecting developers and users, we achieve that goal with good descriptions. Entries that go ignored or unnoticed don't help anyone. I'm frustrated because, when I asked you about it with myFavs (and then referenced the same concern for pimClip) the answer was essentially "you should be able to figure it out from what I've already posted." If I can't understand it even on a basic level, I doubt very much that our visitors will.
vmars316 wrote:Is the following more like what you have in mind ?
"Pim made easy: Just one Click and pimClip files your 'Copied Text' under the Button's name . You assign Button Names . One Click on the FIND screen and pimFind displays all instances of that Topic . The 'Button Topics Screen' pops-up each time you do a Copy Text to Clipboard ."
Sorry, I'm just not getting it. This is a Personal Information Manager (PIM) like EssentialPIM or a copy/paste manager like Ditto? Those are very different, distinct categories. PIMs are generally for keeping track of phone, account, numbers, email/physical addresses, etc. It SEEMS like this is just looking at your clipboard.

vmars316

#12 Post by vmars316 »

webfork ,
please allow me to try again .
Hopefully , this will explain it better .

Here is the EssentialPIM write-up:
EssentialPIM includes a calendar/scheduler, todo list, contact manager, basic e-mail client,
and tree-like multi-level notes tool that supports rich text, formatting, and images.

Ditto is a customizable extension to the standard copy-paste mechanism .
pimClip simply uses the Clipboard to shuttle text information to specific Categories .

The purpose of a PIM is to manage information .

pimClip can capture/store/retrieve any kind of info with Button-click simplicity .
No complicated multi-level tree-like structures . Just simple .txt files .
pimClip uses the Clipboard's copy-mechanism to shuttle text information to specific Categories .
Categories are established by user assigned Button names .
It's applications are limited only by the user's imagination .
Typical Button Names include: "Schedule" , "ToDo" , "Completed" , "Contacts" ,
"Birthdays" , "Email" , "Appointments" , "Passwords" , "Accounting" ,
"Purchases" , "Reminders" , "Speak Txt" , "Taxes" , "URLs".
In short pimClip is PIM made easy .
Oh , did I mention it can txt-to-speech any copied text .

Thanks..vm

vmars316

#13 Post by vmars316 »

To be clear , just this much is intended for the actual write-up:
pimClip can capture/store/retrieve any kind of info with Button-click simplicity .
No complicated multi-level tree-like structures . Just simple .txt files .
pimClip uses the Clipboard's copy-mechanism to shuttle text information to specific Categories .
Categories are established by user assigned Button names .
It's applications are limited only by the user's imagination .
Typical Button Names include: "Schedule" , "ToDo" , "Completed" , "Contacts" ,
"Birthdays" , "Email" , "Appointments" , "Passwords" , "Accounting" ,
"Purchases" , "Reminders" , "Speak Txt" , "Taxes" , "URLs".
In short pimClip is PIM made easy .
pimCLip can txt-to-speech any copied text .

vmars316

#14 Post by vmars316 »

Hello & Thanks ,
Last nite I uploaded an updated version @ :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pimclip/files/
Thanks

vmars316

#15 Post by vmars316 »

Hello & Thanks ,
Just added a new update to pimClip/pimFind .
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pimclip/files/

Changes to pimFind include:
improved search speed
better viewing area
more detail on 'found hits' .
improved sourceforge writeup .

Thanks