[GAME] Liberal Crime Squad

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
h3kt0r

[GAME] Liberal Crime Squad

#1 Post by h3kt0r »

To some a dream come true, to others an offensive piece of crap.
WARNING: The scope of this game is narrower than that of real life. We have attempted to include foul language, graphic violence, politics, religion, sexual references, adult situations, narcotics, prostitution, bodily functions and bad pickup lines, but Bay 12 Games recognizes that there might be omissions which will make some players uncomfortable. In light of these facts, use your discretion when making decisions about downloading LCS.

This page describes the game in a better way than i could.

Last official release can still be downloaded here.
Last open-source version here.
Here is the Wiki about this game.
GitHub version (still updated) can be found here.

webfork

Re: [GAME] Liberal Crime Squad

#2 Post by webfork »

Liberal Crime Squad is a freeware game made by Tarn Adams, best known for Dwarf Fortress. Tarn began work on it in 2002, and ceased development soon after publishing the first stable version in 2004. However, in mid-2007 the Liberal Cause was taken up once again by Jonathan S. Fox, and some other forum regulars at Bay 12 Games.
We've talked about Dwarf Fortress before, which was and is a singular gaming experience.

I haven't played LCS but (for anyone concerned) the synopsis does appear to address both left and right leaning political components as parody.

aazard

Re: [GAME] Liberal Crime Squad

#3 Post by aazard »

"the synopsis does appear to address both left and right leaning political components as parody."

- "Not this... this bug always comes up"... ctrl+alt+del > "reality.exe" > "end process tree" > picks up deskphone >

- "Yea, IT"

- "Hey, Jim?...its me..."