Isotoxin - Tox client [discontinued]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
freakazoid

Re: Isotoxin - a portable Tox client for Windows

#91 Post by freakazoid »

So I finally tried Tox via uTox and Isotoxin, primarily for audio.

Audio calls were very iffy and bad quality. It sounded like an informer in a documentary that has had their voice disguised to conceal their identity. I know Tox is all about privacy, but I don't think that was the intention :D Other times I couldn't hear the person at all. Anyone know why?

Messaging works as expected though.
is it stealth? ;)

smaragdus

Re: Isotoxin 0.4.518

#92 Post by smaragdus »

Isotoxin at version 0.4.518, changes:

Isotoxin 0.4.518 - Nothing special...
  • Export history to html files: use colors of current theme
  • Explore button in folder share panel
  • Better audio calls on Isotoxin-Isotoxin calls (extended protocol, audio priority while video calls, dynamic pre-buffer)
  • Video outgoing traffic speed limit in advanced protocol settings (It may help on slow connections)
  • Save (export) contacts to txt file
  • It is possible to define different svg data for different states of application icon (request from theme makers)
  • Miscellaneous bugs were fixed
PS. I'm so sorry but I can't spend lot of my time to this project. If you want new features or found some bugs, please create issue here: https://github.com/isotoxin/isotoxin/issues. I will continue support of Isotoxin, but only in way to decrease size of issues list.
After about 3 months without new releases I was concerned that Isotoxin might have been abandoned but thank goodness this was not the case. I am still testing qTox but I do not want to switch back to it as my default Tox client.

Isotoxin version 0.4.518 - Save (export) contacts to txt file:

@freakazoid
So I finally tried Tox via uTox and Isotoxin, primarily for audio.

Audio calls were very iffy and bad quality. It sounded like an informer in a documentary that has had their voice disguised to conceal their identity. I know Tox is all about privacy, but I don't think that was the intention :D Other times I couldn't hear the person at all. Anyone know why?

Messaging works as expected though.
I have tested voice calls Isotoxin-to-Isotoxin and Isotoxin-to-Antox (Antox -GitHub, Antox - Google Play). I remember there were some problems with Antox (Android client- it seems abandoned) but in my calls the overall sound quality was good- I have never had the issue you mentioned. I have uninstalled Skype long time ago but the quality of Isotoxin voice calls was not worse than the quality of Skype voice calls. The other participants also told me they were hearing me perfectly. Now uTox is also available for Android (uTox - Google Play) but I do not use Android devices so I cannot test its sound quality. I do not know what caused your problems- I may just suppose there might be connection issues or perhaps the other part might be using an old Tox client.