TVideoDownloader

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ozok

TVideoDownloader

#1 Post by ozok »

[Moderator note: this is the primary TVideoDownloader program thread. View database entry]

----

This program is a GUI (graphical user interface) for youtube-dl and several other tools. It can work with many video sites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, etc. It can run several download processes to increase total download speed (though youtube-dl does a great job even with a single download process). It will show the available video/audio formats so you can download the one that fits you. You can add single/batch links/youtube groups/playlists/users etc.

This project is a fork of TEncoder's video downloader feature. I've tested with only with major sites but it should handle everything youtube-dl handles. A list of sites supported by youtube-dl and possibly by this tool: http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

It writes settings to it's own folder. It checks updates on start but you can disable it under settings.

You can vote for it here: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2640
Sourceforge page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvideodownloader/
Attachments
2014-08-13 14_37_54-TVideoDownloader.png.jpg

ozok

Re: TVideoDownloader

#2 Post by ozok »

Hi,
I've updated TVideoDownloader to 1.6. Change log:

Code: Select all

-Added: Preview for youtube videos
-Added: Option to import links from text files
-Fixed: Remove button on list items didn't function
-Fixed: Removing one item from the list didn't move other item to the top of the list
-Updated: Internal libraries

SYSTEM

#3 Post by SYSTEM »

ozok wrote:Hi,
I've updated TVideoDownloader to 1.6. Change log:

Code: Select all

-Added: Preview for youtube videos
-Added: Option to import links from text files
-Fixed: Remove button on list items didn't function
-Fixed: Removing one item from the list didn't move other item to the top of the list
-Updated: Internal libraries
Thank you. Entry updated. :)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

smaragdus

#4 Post by smaragdus »

@ozok
Why did you remove the nice skin in version 1.8? The new look is dull for me.

ozok

#5 Post by ozok »

smaragdus wrote:@ozok
Why did you remove the nice skin in version 1.8? The new look is dull for me.
It's buggy as hell, causes weird problems, uses way too much memory. More importantly, more than half of the bug reports I get are caused by it. I don't want to see my software called buggy because of a component that I paid for does not perform well. I write bad enough code already!

I am slowly removing it from all of my software.

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

ozok wrote:I don't want to see my software called buggy because of a component that I paid for does not perform well. I write bad enough code already!

:lol:

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

ozok wrote:
smaragdus wrote:Why did you remove the nice skin in version 1.8? The new look is dull for me.
It's buggy as hell, causes weird problems, uses way too much memory.
I'm also sorry to see that a but it's quite alright to have a downloader program without a skinning feature. There are so many other features / extras that deserve your energy.

ozok

#8 Post by ozok »

Hi all,
I've just updated TVideoDownloader to 1.9
Changes:
  • -Added: An option to automatically check for the latest youtube-dl version
    -Added: Link drag&drop to both main window and batch link add windows
    -Fixed: Remove and Preview buttons did not function properly
    -Updated: FFMpeg and youtube-dl
You can disable auto youtube-dl update checks in settings window but I highly recommend that you leave it on.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

ozok wrote:I've just updated TVideoDownloader to 1.9
Ah good news, thanks. I was testing the program out recently with TEncoder on a Youtube playlist with mixed results so I'll try to give it another shot with TVideoDownloader.

penthe

#10 Post by penthe »

Version 2.0 does not download anything anymore from the websites i visit, version 1.9 did that perfectly but now gives an error. I can´t use this program anymore at this moment :(

webfork

#11 Post by webfork »

penthe wrote:Version 2.0 does not download anything anymore from the websites i visit, version 1.9 did that perfectly but now gives an error. I can´t use this program anymore at this moment :(
I just retested both the download and home page sites with no issue.

billon

#12 Post by billon »

I think penthe mean that he can't download videos from the websites he visit with the latest version, not the program itself.
And yes, version 2.0 didn't work on XP, i believe it's because of FFmpeg, same error with latest builds from Zeranoe, for example.

penthe

#13 Post by penthe »

No It is not working anymore so i´m back to TEncoder that does still the job. So it´s the program, it can´t find the download links anymore so useless. I´m using Windows 10 and the 64bits version of TVideodownloader.

And version 1.9 worked perfectly, why it gives now a error that´s not to fix?

joby_toss

#14 Post by joby_toss »

Build 1.9 is still available, if it works correctly: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvideo ... files/1.9/

ozok

#15 Post by ozok »

2.0 has a bug in the UI which makes it unable to display the videos it has added to queue. I'll release 2.0.1 tonight or tomorrow night. 1.9 was not following 302 redirects when downloading the new youtube-dl.exe from youtube-dl website. You can manually download and place youtube-dl in tvideodownloader folder if you wish to use 1.9.

Edit: I've decided to release it tonight. I've just noticed another bug which makes it impossble to mux audio if dash video is selected.