OooPlayer - minimalist audio player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: OooPlayer

#31 Post by Midas »

Briefly tested latest OooPlayer release (v1.9.0).

- Recording radio is still re-encoding audio stream, it seems;

- With mp3 and Opus, OooPlayer was unable to break recording into songs (source used: SomaFM Sonic Universe);

- No lyrics/cover art with radio play (couldn't at least the web "favicon" be used?);

- I get a tooltip with current playing info if I mouse over OooPlayer taskbar button, but not over the tray icon, where it would make a lot more sense.

BTW, your 'Imported.txt' file is now alpha-sorted and got some very minor edits (get it at https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fpmum6dkpunow2/Imported.7z)...

On a related note, as OooPlayer doesn't provide equalizer options, I'd recommend anyone into it to install ViPER4Windows.
(Yep, you read that right... I bet you'll never look back if you do -- you can thank me later; :twisted: for details, see http://vipersaudio.com/blog/.)
Last edited by Midas on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozok

#32 Post by ozok »

Midas wrote:Briefly tested latest OooPlayer release (v1.9.0).

- Recording radio is still re-encoding audio stream, it seems;
I've actually implemented this but there are a few errors I cannot reproduce properly so it is not stable enough to release.
- With mp3 and Opus, OooPlayer was unable to break recording into songs (source used: SomaFM Sonic Universe);
Thanks for the report.
- No lyrics/cover art with radio play (couldn't at least the web "favicon" be used?);
Well, lyric downloader works if station provides tags. Online artwork downloader is not implemented yet.
- I get a tooltip with current playing info if I mouse over OooPlayer taskbar button, but not in the train icon, where it would make a lot more sense.
Taskbar feature is really a Win7+ feature. I'll have to make a research for the other one.
BTW, your 'Imported.txt' file is now alpha-sorted and got some very minor edits (get it at https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fpmum6dkpunow2/Imported.7z)...
Thanks again for your valuable input.
Regards.

Midas

#33 Post by Midas »

Forgive my dyslexia: I really meant the "tray icon", not "train" of course... :oops:

ozok

#34 Post by ozok »

Midas wrote:Forgive my dyslexia: I really meant the "tray icon", not "train" of course... :oops:
lol I read that as "tray". BTW I'm about to finish multiple playlists support.

Midas

#35 Post by Midas »

• [list][list] 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8)
[/list][/list]

ozok

#36 Post by ozok »

Hey all,
I've just released v2.0 and edited the entry accordingly. I made quite a few changes so please feel free to report bugs etc.
Changes:

Code: Select all

-Added: Support for multiple playlists
-Added: Support for skins
-Added: Some interface changes
-Added: An option to hide/show lyric panel
-Added: New buttons and icons
-Fixed: Taskbar overlay icon wasn't updated in radio mode
-Fixed: Users could clear the playlist while adding files
-Updated: BassFLAC to 2.4.2
-Updated: WMA, Mp4 and APEv2 tag libraries

ozok

#37 Post by ozok »

Just released 2.1.0. Changes:
  • -Added: [Music player] An option to specify window title combination
    -Added: [Music player] An option to hide queue list
    -Added: [Radio player] Recording radio stations without encoding
    -Added: [General] Title text will scroll if it is too long
    -Added: [General] Some interface changes
    -Fixed: [Radio player] Lyric downloader didn't function on song change
    -Fixed: [General] Some controls were not skinned
    -Fixed: [General] Some interface bugs that appeared if skins were disabled
    -Fixed: [General] A few small bugs
    -Updated: Bass to 2.4.11

webfork

#38 Post by webfork »

ozok: Just updated the entry to include the new features.

Checker

#39 Post by Checker »

@ ozok: Thanks ... and updated :wink:

Midas

#40 Post by Midas »

With OooPlayer radio recording finally working (and without re-encoding), I guess the time has finally come to dump Radio!(for)Sure... ;)

The UI is looking really cool, too, if you ask me:

Midas

#41 Post by Midas »

@ozok: just a crazy idea, so please forgive my meddling, but user h3kt0r just published a favorite radio stations manager for XMPlay (http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... hp?t=21917) and I thought it could be a field of collaboration between developers, being that OooPlayer still has some path to thread in this department. What do you think?

ozok

#42 Post by ozok »

@Midas the software you suggest basically runs xmplay with an url as parameter, am I right? I can add a feature to OooPlayer to accept radio urls as commandline parameters (as it does for files/folders). The other author can implement it in his own software. But you can also point out what is missing with OooPlayer's own radio station handling and I can improve it.

As a side note, I plan to add equalizer and tag editor to the next version (2.2.0). If you guys have any suggestions on these two or anything else, I'd like to hear about it.

Best regards.

Midas

#43 Post by Midas »

Briefly tested the latest OooPlayer version in Windows 7 x64 SP1, and I'm getting crashes I had never seen before -- on start up, OooPlayer complained about the impossibility of setting the 'playlist.dat' file because a path can not be found, which is right, because it's looking for a path in a former drive, i.e., before it got moved (this breaks portability); I also got an "argument out of range" when I tried to play radio.

On another aspect, I noticed the SomaFM stations where still the same four it has known since the first releases -- denying what I had been told after sending in a file with many discriminated entries for its different channels; moreover, the 'imported.txt' listing is still not alphabetically sorted, another aspect I thought I had prevented by sending in a modified file.

I am afraid this means the latest OooPlayer releases have been somewhat rushed, which is a shame really, since I have high expectations for it.

Lastly, I don't really know how Radio Faves interacts with XMPlayer since I haven't tested either; my mention of it was only a suggestion, meant only to alleviate work on yet another radio favorites manager.

ozok

#44 Post by ozok »

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. To be honest I have not changed anything about radio playback or playlist handling (except the bug fix for conflicting file names but it only effects newly created files).

I simply forgot to add the radio stations or make some of the changes I said I'd implement.

ozok

#45 Post by ozok »

I know you people don't like alphas and betas that much but it's been several month since the last release of OooPlayer and I just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on it, project isn't dead.
I'll upload alpha and beta versions to https://bitbucket.org/ozok/oooplayer/downloads if anyone is interested.
Big changes so far are 18 band equalizer, new playlist layouts, file information and tag editor(not functional yet) programs (they are separate programs that you can use outside of OooPlayer) and many bug fixes and many many other small things I forgot to mention.
You can see all the changes since version 2.1.2 at https://bitbucket.org/ozok/oooplayer/commits/all.