3D Youtube Downloader

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Napiophelios

3D Youtube Downloader

#1 Post by Napiophelios »

[Moderator note: this is the primary 3D Youtube Downloader thread. View database entry]

----

3D Youtube Downloader
Download Page
ChangeLog
Source

Code: Select all

All popular video sites hold for each clip more than one video files with different qualities (Youtube is the champion here - up to 27 qualities per clip). 3D Youtube Downloader fetches complete list of available qualities with detailed info and depending of current work mode automatically selects appropriate file to download or gives you an opportunity to do this by yourself.

Different people have different needs. To meet all of them without complicating user interface, while maintaining wide functionality, program provides three work modes:

Simple Mode. Provides several common download targets (best video, best audio, smallest file etc) and allows to download them in one click.
Advanced Mode. After fetching list of available qualities it gives you direct access to available qualities list with detailed info about each quality, so you can manually select the one which suits you perfectly.
Convert Mode. Unlike other modes, this mode does transcoding of downloaded media files to the format and quality you have chosen. It automatically selects source file to download depending on the quality of destination file. Note: any transcoding - a loss of quality and/or increase of the size of result file, so we recommend to use one of modes above. All modern video and audio players can play formats provided by supported sites, however this mode may be useful in cases when need to play on older hardware devices.
Other program advantages:

19 supported sites including Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe and others
support of downloading subtitles from Youtube and Dailymotion
support for Youtube Adaptive Streams
support for 3D videos on Youtube and Dailymotion
support for Youtube and Dailymotion playlists
it is fast (using multipart downloading for files and HTTP compression for pages)
multi language support
quite nice Aero UI
3D Youtube Downloader is completely free and have simpliest possible interface to give you exactly what it promises - full control over what you are downloading.

I like this program alot even tho there is no search function its pretty fast
and has several options most free youtube downloaders dont have.

You supposedly can install it as a plugin for MPC-HomeMedia but I couldnt get it to work.

It stores its settings in the registry under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\3DYD Soft

and creates empty folders in the User's LocalAppData folder (3DYD Soft)

another app easily handled by a YAP launcher.
Just uniextract and combine the contents of the first and third extracted folders

Contents needed:
Microsoft.VC90.CRT
avcodec-55.dll
avformat-55.dll
avutil-52.dll
EULA.txt
help_map.xml
site_analysis.dll
swresample-0.dll
swscale-2.dll
tube.exe
lang

bzl333

Re: 3D Youtube Downloader

#2 Post by bzl333 »

pretty cool. i was using YouTube to MP3 Converter but i think that one downloads the whole video and then extracts the audio. This one seems to just grab the audio. A little disappointing though that about the best quality i can get for audio on YouTube for music looks like 128k?

also i see for this program that if you put in a link like:

https://www.youtube.com/user/KatyPerryVEVO

it lists like 79 media files available for download :)

bzl333

#3 Post by bzl333 »

they're on version 1.0.21 now and there's a portable install mode.

Doesn't create a folder at user>local settings>appdata for more any more on WinXPSP3 anyway but still creates the registry key.

Also has a search function now.

3dyd

#4 Post by 3dyd »

bzl333 wrote:but still creates the registry key.
Hello to all, I'm from program development team. There was issue reported just now about registry key. Issue was anonymous and with the link to this topic so I'll answer here.

Installer creates string value 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\3DYD Soft\3D Youtube Downloader ---> (REG_SZ) installer_lang'. This value used by NSIS to remember last language selected by the user (MUI_LANGDLL_REGISTRY_VALUENAME, to select the same language at the next install and to automatically select language of Uninstall). This is part of NSIS multilanguage support i.e. this is not the part which can be fully controlled. I can suggest two variants to solve this:
1. Remove this value after portable more was selected. I.e. value will be still created but after selecting portable mode it will be removed with all empty registry keys i.e. at end of installation the registry will remain the same as before installation start.
2. Remove this remembering of user's language selection. At next run of the installation NSIS will select system language (if the program supports it, you can help with this :) ) or will use English language if the are no translation.
3(???). Not sure, maybe there are other way?
4(?????). (No way!) There are other keys?

Also in the same issue report was mentioned some SSL problem. So (sorry for offtopic) for the guy who reported this issue: if you reading this please contact using this topic / PM / e-mail above / Contact form. Need more details, we didn't see it but once had the same report (with no details of course :( ).

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Place an empty "portable" file (no extension) in the application folder. Does not seem to write to the registry.

@Moderator

Please move to portable freeware submission, thanks.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:Please move to portable freeware submission
All set

Midas

#7 Post by Midas »

Great program, minimal and to the point. I just wish there was an additional option for audio/video only download in "simple mode", since that's what the program really is downloading prior to mixing the streams...

BTW, tested with Vimeo and it works alright. :)

bzl333

#8 Post by bzl333 »

dumb question, how do i vote on it? i searched for it under private entries and all entries also but i don't see it there. (maybe i cant vote yet?)

SYSTEM

#9 Post by SYSTEM »

bzl333 wrote:dumb question, how do i vote on it? i searched for it under private entries and all entries also but i don't see it there. (maybe i cant vote yet?)
3D Youtube Downloader hasn't been added to the database. "Moving to submission" meant moving this forum thread to the "Portable Freeware Submission" subforum.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

SYSTEM wrote:
bzl333 wrote:maybe i cant vote yet?
3D Youtube Downloader hasn't been added to the database.
If you'd like, you can add it to the database and then call for a vote. That functionality should be "Add Entry" on the front page next to your username.

Napiophelios

#11 Post by Napiophelios »

bzl333 wrote:they're on version 1.0.21 now .... but still creates the registry key.
bzl333, did you remove registry keys from running previous versions on your computer?
That may be what you came across;
I dont get any registry leaks with this latest version.
It seems perfectly portable to me.
This is top shelf cereal kids and its free for personal use

I cant wait for the PortableApps.com edition
JonTHaller will find a way to make it work with VLC as a plugin :)

bzl333

#12 Post by bzl333 »

SYSTEM wrote:
bzl333 wrote:dumb question, how do i vote on it? i searched for it under private entries and all entries also but i don't see it there. (maybe i cant vote yet?)
3D Youtube Downloader hasn't been added to the database. "Moving to submission" meant moving this forum thread to the "Portable Freeware Submission" subforum.
thanks. sometimes my mind is gone, lol.

webfork wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:
bzl333 wrote:maybe i cant vote yet?
3D Youtube Downloader hasn't been added to the database.
If you'd like, you can add it to the database and then call for a vote. That functionality should be "Add Entry" on the front page next to your username.
yes, but Napiophelios found it. i dont want to take credit for it.
Napiophelios wrote:
bzl333 wrote:they're on version 1.0.21 now .... but still creates the registry key.
bzl333, did you remove registry keys from running previous versions on your computer?
That may be what you came across;
I dont get any registry leaks with this latest version.
It seems perfectly portable to me.
This is top shelf cereal kids and its free for personal use

I cant wait for the PortableApps.com edition
JonTHaller will find a way to make it work with VLC as a plugin :)
i thought i removed them. now version 1.0.22 doesn't seem to leave anything.
excellent program to me, seems pretty light too compared to most youtube type downloaders.

bzl333

#13 Post by bzl333 »

ok, added here:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2634

description could be improved and maybe a better image could be selected.

Midas

#14 Post by Midas »

bzl333 wrote:ok, added

Voted! :)

bzl333

#15 Post by bzl333 »

Midas wrote:
bzl333 wrote:ok, added

Voted! :)

Thanks.