QIcon Changer [& PE Icon Changer]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: QIcon Changer

#31 Post by webfork »

Old thread update: site dumped the link

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... nger.shtml

Userfriendly

Re: PE Icon Changer

#32 Post by Userfriendly »

loin2kolpotoru wrote:Image

PE Icon Changer allows the user to change the main icon of an EXE file.

http://starpunch.blogspot.com/2013/03/P ... anger.html

It is better then QIconChanger because it supports importing icon from exe files which QIconChanger dose not support
Anyone got a copy of PE Icon Changer? I can't access the site. Invite only.

I am Baas

#33 Post by I am Baas »

@Userfriendly
PEIconChanger.zip
(611 KiB) Downloaded 1176 times

Userfriendly

#34 Post by Userfriendly »

Muchas Gracias

Userfriendly

#35 Post by Userfriendly »

Both Pe Icon Changer and Qicon Changer didn't work of a certain .ICO file with a large 256x256 image size. one of them or both would crash on random icon files with large sizes.

There's one drag n' drop exe icon changer I know of that works on icons both Qicon and PeIcon fail with. It's designed for Firefox and Thunderbird executables but it works with anything.

www1.plala.or.jp/tete009/en-US/software.html#FTICOREP

But in the end, I guess Resource Hacker would be the most reliable method to replace exe icons.

Midas

#36 Post by Midas »

Topic update: FYI, I have recently had instances of PE Icon Changer repeatedly crashing with 256x icon sizes, whereas QIcon Changer worked breezily.

BTW, both program's homepages appear deceased.

2023-05-04, EDIT:
Userfriendly wrote: Both Pe Icon Changer and Qicon Changer didn't work of a certain .ICO file with a large 256x256 image size. one of them or both would crash on random icon files with large sizes.

There's one drag n' drop exe icon changer I know of that works on icons both Qicon and PeIcon fail with. It's designed for Firefox and Thunderbird executables but it works with anything.

www1.plala.or.jp/tete009/en-US/software.html#FTICOREP

Having now tested this Program Icon Changer (for Firefox & Thunderbird) in similar situations, I can confirm that it works as expected...