Game: GeneRally

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Darkbee

Game: GeneRally

#1 Post by Darkbee »

Synopsis: GeneRally is a fun isometric 2D racer for up to 6 players on one computer (any combintation of human or computer controlled). If any of your are familiar with the game Super Off Road Racer or SuperCars, on the 16 bit home computers of yester-year then you will have an idea of what this game is about. It has some nice customization features and option tinkering to suit your gaming needs (like turning off damage... yes, I'm a wuss :shock: ) and it's instantly accessible... all you have to learn are the tracks. Speaking of tracks, you can build your own apparently, which is always good for a laugh. I have to say that for a non-simulation there is some pretty good racing to be had in this game and making use of real racing strategies will definately help you win races. For me, all that is missing is network support but that isn't really a big deal; I could still see this one giving rise to office tournaments, when the boss isn't looking.

Writes settings to: Options.set
gr.ini
./Cars
./Drivers

How to extract: Just download the zip file, unzip it to a location of your choosing and run GeneRally.exe.

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, or XP.

Download: http://generally.rscsites.org/grfiles/generally105.zip

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

When I tested this one out a year ago, regmon started going bonkers so I simply assumed it was not portable. I guess I was mistaken! :oops:

Andrew Lee

#3 Post by Andrew Lee »

Thanks! I have posted GeneRally to the database.