ShareX - screenshot, screen recorder, uploader, etc.

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
romulous

Re: ShareX

#61 Post by romulous »

webfork wrote:I think romulous is suspicious just because we've been through this a whole lot of programs that started out freeware and then went adware, bundleware, nagware, etc.
Correct, that's exactly why I was suspicious.
webfork wrote:Please remember we're your friends here, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. We know you've given a lot with this and it's a fantastic freeware and OSS program. I'm was just trying to figure out a new change in a rapidly evolving program. I posted it here just in case I was asking a stupid question, which it was (thanks both to you and Joby for workaround and then a fix).

I realize you haven't been getting many donations but we've been trying to show our appreciation through a bunch of free promotions work. Frequent updates of the database, detailed edits to the extract instructions to make sure visitors don't get confused, even an animated slideshow (which has since been overwritten as it was out of date). We also did some work against the folks counterfeiting your work and we'll do it again if necessary. Just keep in mind we're volunteers; nobody's getting paid here.
webfork wrote: We do a lot of work for these programs and often get disappointed when things go commercial, usually because of donation frustration. Feel free to read back through conversations with devs atomizer or patpat for a first-hand account of this. Then we generally have to host an old version of the program, which usually angers the developer and everyone walks away unhappy.
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

romulous

Midas

#62 Post by Midas »

Ditto. 8)

Jaex

#63 Post by Jaex »

I made watermark not enabled by default now.

Midas

#64 Post by Midas »

Jaex wrote:I made watermark not enabled by default now.
  • Thanks. Your comprehension (and generosity) is highly appreciated. :)

romulous

#65 Post by romulous »

Yes, much thanks from me too :)

webfork

#66 Post by webfork »

Thanks for that. Now how do I re-enable it for stuff I do here (e.g. this)?

romulous

#67 Post by romulous »

@webfork: Isn't it just a matter of re-enabling After capture tasks -> Add image effects?

romulous

webfork

#68 Post by webfork »

romulous wrote:@webfork: Isn't it just a matter of re-enabling After capture tasks -> Add image effects?
Yep. I just checked and it's the default setting, so that's very easy.

webfork

#69 Post by webfork »

Had some fun playing with the settings -- the whole menu system is pretty slick. Anyway, I tweaked it out a bit and here's what I came up with:

1. Set the settings as listed: http://i.imgur.com/TH1KDIF.png
  2. On the gradients settings, I clicked "remove" on all the blocks" so that it was a solid gray: http://i.imgur.com/vXNgBBm.png
The text can also be easily swapped to "www.portablefreeware" or whatever else.

Jaex

#70 Post by Jaex »

This is weird, I was subscribed to this thread long time ago and I was receiving emails every time new post happen but now it stopped sending emails even I'm still subscribed.
webfork wrote:
Thanks for that. Now how do I re-enable it for stuff I do here (e.g. this)?
Just default settings is changed (when you install ShareX for first time) and your settings will be intact, so it won't be overwritten.
Set the settings as listed: http://i.imgur.com/TH1KDIF.png
You can export your effects as text and automatically upload it using "Export" button there, so people can import it automatically.
On the gradients settings, I clicked "remove" on all the blocks" so that it was a solid gray: http://i.imgur.com/vXNgBBm.png
You need to disable gradient settings if you want to use single color like this:

So background color becomes single color.

romulous

#71 Post by romulous »

Just curious - the screenshots of both webfork and Jaex show the watermark below the actual captured image. Just fooling with the settings on my install to see what it can do, and even when I match those settings, the watermark is directly on the image for me. What am I doing differently?

romulous

Jaex

#72 Post by Jaex »

romulous wrote:Just curious - the screenshots of both webfork and Jaex show the watermark below the actual captured image. Just fooling with the settings on my install to see what it can do, and even when I match those settings, the watermark is directly on the image for me. What am I doing differently?

romulous
Canvas increasing empty area of image that way you increase bottom and add watermark there:

romulous

#73 Post by romulous »

Oh, of course - thanks! Has anyone else noticed that the Add button in the image effects dialog sometimes (maybe 1 time in 10 or 20) does nothing when you click it? It works when I click it a second time though. It could just be something on my system, but it is just a little odd.

Jaex

#74 Post by Jaex »

romulous wrote:Oh, of course - thanks! Has anyone else noticed that the Add button in the image effects dialog sometimes (maybe 1 time in 10 or 20) does nothing when you click it? It works when I click it a second time though. It could just be something on my system, but it is just a little odd.
It happened to me too and I can't reproduce it easily. No idea why it happens.

romulous

#75 Post by romulous »

Has anyone noticed that the included image editor no longer saves its window size in recent versions? So if you resize the editor (which I do, I find it too small on my display), and then close ShareX, you will find that when you open it back up, the editor window is at the default size again. I am pretty sure it used to save the size when you change it.