Ultimate Calendar

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
I am Baas

Ultimate Calendar

#1 Post by I am Baas »

Ultimate Calendar – is easy to use calendar with rich features and settings.
http://uc.maximus.in.ua/about.php?lang=0

Dl @ http://uc.maximus.in.ua/download.php?lang=0

Also, see this request from the developer.

I am Baas

Re: Ultimate Calendar

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Ultimate Calendar V1.5.1.7 is available (20 Nov 2012):
- Added: When you select several common dates sets the same event will be combined into a single string and will be specified countries of source dates sets.

- Added: Monthly view mode: Additional buttons and hotkeys to go to next/previous year.

- Fixed: Weeks numerations, «Standard ISO 8601»: The numbering is adapted to when the first day of the week is not Monday (although, in fact, the presence of such numbering is contrary to ISO 8601, where the first day of the week is Monday.).

- Fixed: Tracking change of day: If necessary, changing not only the current date, and the period of display (year or month), such as when changing day from December 31 to January 1.
http://uc.maximus.in.ua/download.php?lang=0

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

Version 1.6.0.0a is out.

Changelog

spicydog

#4 Post by spicydog »

Excellent catch, I am Baas :mrgreen:

I am only surprised that such a feature-rich application:

1. Does not support recurring events

2. Does not permit the user to close/hide the settings panel

Unless I overlooked these options since I have just been testing Ultimate Calendar for a short while.

Thanks a lot!

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Try the "s" :)

Not sure about recuring events, did you check the notes options?

spicydog

#6 Post by spicydog »

Yes, I just came across that "S" in the .chm file and rushed here to edit my post but you beat me to the punch :mrgreen:

I have investigated further the recurring events matter and it appears that Ultimate Calendar does (IMHO not fully user-friendly) indeed support recurrences :oops: only if added/created as Periodical Personal Dates... Adding recurrence attributes to Notes does not seem to be possible in v.1.6.

It would be really great if the dev would simplify a bit the procedure to enter (among other events also) birthdays/anniversaries (with age calculation) so that adding/creating such basic events would be a bit easier, without having to consult the manual every time.

The fact that from within Ultimate Calendar the dates database can be edited (with BOTH the build-in editor and with Notepad) is absolutely great... In fact once created a couple of "event templates" the user can simply duplicate them (eventually via copy and paste) and just replace the event name and date to quickly produce new recurring events.

Just very recently I have started a quest for a reminder tool (http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 488#p62488) and as I am kind of getting familiar with the somewhat unconventional way to add/create recurring events it starts really looking like Ultimate Calendar will be the one :mrgreen:

I am considering to contact the dev to suggest implementing a more user friendly approach with ref. to recurrences and probably submit a request to add 3 new features:

1) It would be nice to see the panel at the bottom displaying the events of the day that is (single) clicked rather than ONLY (and permanently) the current listed events.

2) It would be nice if the search function (hotkey "F") would search the entire calendar rather than ONLY the current listed events.

3) Permit the user to add recurrence attributes to existing Notes.

I have also discovered a small bug: When adding a recurrent event with age calculation, if that event is present among the current listed events (in the panel at the bottom) the age progresses correctly when moving the year backwards/forwards, but the year in the date does NOT progress along with the age.

I am Baas, thanks again for having suggested this amazing utility!

Edited: Rephrased and updated the post with new findings.

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

Ultimate Calendar is at version 1.7.0.0 (27 Aug 2013):
•Added: Popup window: Option “Show window title bar”. (Ability to change the size and position of window with mouse).
•Added: Popup window: Option “Window position” with possible values: “Near tray icon”, “Attached to edge of desktop”, “At center of desktop”, “Arbitrary”.
•Added: Popup window: Dragging window with mouse grasping its middle and holding Ctrl, when option “Window position” is set to “Attached to edge of desktop” or “Arbitrary”.
•Changed: Popup window: Option “Display on system startup” moved to the settings page “Popup window” and modified.
•Added: Calendar table: Option “Display tooltip” with possible values: “If mouse pointer is over cell”, “When clicking on cell”.
•Changed: Event editing from the calendar table: Now used dialog “Event editing”.
•Added: Event editing from the calendar table: Editing/adding personal of any type (not only simple) using the context menu or by double clicking.
•Changed: Event editing from the calendar table: Actions for editing/adding personal events: double click – edit existing personal events/notes, Alt+double click – add note, Shift+double click – add personal event, Ctrl+double click – add celebration). Also, the context menu was changed accordingly.
•Added: Event editing from the calendar table: When trying to edit an event by double clicking in the absence of personal dates sets be prompted to create a set. When trying to edit an event by double clicking and if is not active any set of personal dates, will be displayed list of sets to select one of them.
•Changed: Event editing from the calendar table: When adding new event or editing parameters of existing event it will be placed in the dates set after nearest earlier event, but not after later event.
•Added: Dialog “Event editing”: Multiline event text editor.
•Added: Dialog “Event editing”: Hot keys: F4 – collapse/expand multiline editor, Ctrl+Enter – close dialog and save changes.
•Added: Internal dates set editor: Local formats of celebrations text, which can be specified for each set of dates separately.
•Added: Internal dates set editor: Hot keys: Space – edit selected event, Delete – delete selected events, Insert – add new event, Ctrl+A – select all events.
•Changed: Cyclical date renamed to Recurring date.
•Added: Recurring notes. (Dialog “Event editing”: Date type “Note”: Option “Repeat this note”).
•Added: Recurring date/note: Repeat daily/weekly/monthly/yearly.
•Added: Recurring date/note: Option to remove limit for repetition by final date.
•Added: Periodical date: Option “Set duration of period” with possible values: “by number of days”, “by final date”, “to end of month”.
•Added: New date type: Recurring by number of week day in month. Use: Election day (for example, Election of the President of Ukraine shall be held on the last Sunday in October every five years).
•Added: Movable date: Now works condition of moving like “from Saturday to Tuesday” (ie in this example mean days: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday).
•Changed: Hot keys of main window: For letter and number keys are also working keyboard shortcuts with modifiers (for example, Ctrl+F – Find in dates list).
•Fixed: Windows 8: Error “Failed to get data for "CompositionPolicy"” that occurs when the popup window displays.
•Added: Displaying schemes “Green”, “Light_gray”, “Pastel_green”.
•Fixed: Various small fixes and improvements.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

Interesting program and definitely has a lot of unique functionality. I really liked the look and feel, the week numbers (1-52) and the holiday sets for various countries and languages. Some of the skins (schemes) looked good and I liked the export to excel capability

Wishlist:
* Mechanism for alerting about upcomming events (maybe this was here and I just missed it)
* ICS format compatibility import/export
* Email forward/invites/etc.
* Schemes: don't ask me if I want to save the current if I haven't made any changes to it. Also, more schemes.

I don't know how to clearly express this as the author may just be using an existing holiday list, but the included holiday sets for the US included several not-real "greeting card" holidays (seriously? Stepfamily day? Wright Brothers day?)

---

On a side note, I enjoyed both the availability of multiple portable version downloads, but the way they tacitly provided a look at different compression format performance:
Link 1: Softpedia / ZIP-archive / 3.29 MB
Link 2: Softpedia / RAR-archive / 2.66 MB
Link 3: Softpedia / 7Z-archive / 2.20 MB

It's a bad statistical sample to just look at one test, but I was still amused.

Unfortunately, when you get over to Softpedia, it lists the 7-zip download as "OTHER":
External mirror 1 [ZIP]
External mirror 2 [RAR]
External mirror 3 [OTHER]

I am Baas

#9 Post by I am Baas »

Ultimate Calendar 1.7.0.0 Final (Update 3) is available:

Version 1.7.0.0 (Update 3)
20 Dec 2013
•Added: Language: Slovenian (Slovenski).
•Added: Generic dates set: “Prazniki v Sloveniji”, language: Slovenian (Slovenski).

Version 1.7.0.0 (Update 2)

15 Dec 2013
•Added: Language: Polish (Polski).
•Added: Generic dates set: “Polskie święta”, language: Polish (Polski).

Version 1.7.0.0 (Update 1)

28 Sep 2013
•Added: Help file: Added search feature.
uCalendar1800beta350 version http://maximus.url.ph/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... 23ffe57a49

spicydog

#10 Post by spicydog »

Kudos for the update :mrgreen:

Pity that it does not fully support Windows 8.1.

I am Baas

#11 Post by I am Baas »

Ultimate Calendar 1.8.0.0 Final (Update 1) - 10 Feb 2015
•Added: Generic dates set: “UK Holidays”, language: English.

Version 1.8.0.0

10 Aug 2014
•Added: Selection in the calendar table. Counting number of events/days in the selected range to display in the status bar.
•Added: Status bar to show calendar table selection details.
•Added: Settings panel – View: Status bar format: Financial dates calculation: Number of days based on the 360-day year (European and US/NASD methods).
•Added: Selection in the calendar table: Context menu: Item “Select range from this date to...”.
•Added: Dialog “Edit set information”: Ability to change dates set file name.
•Added: Dates list: Editing personal events and notes by double-clicking or using the context menu.
•Added: Dates list: Clicking the middle mouse button scrolls the list to the date nearest to the current system date.
•Added: Autostart: Autostart will not be enabled by default on the first start, if the program is running from removable media, read-only media or network resource.
•Fixed: Popup window: Option “Hide manually” didn't work in the function “Display popup on system startup”.
•Fixed: Calendar table: Weeks numbering showed “52” for the week before first when “From first full week” and “Separately for each month” options were chosen.
•Fixed: Exception “Invalid argument to date encode” when go to 1st year.
•Added: Languages: Polish (Polski), Slovenian (Slovenski), Romanian (Romana), Czech (Cestina), Slovak (Slovencina), Hungarian (Magyar).
•Added: Themes: A lot of new themes from Heribert Michl.
http://uc.maximus.in.ua/?lang=0

I am Baas

#12 Post by I am Baas »

Ultimate Calendar 1.8.0.0 Final (Update 2) is available (21 11 2015)

billon

#13 Post by billon »

Version 1.8.1.0
Info: The main purpose of this release is publishing of impoved plugin interface. You can download plugin sample.
Added: Improved plugin interface.
Fixed: Some small fixes.

smaragdus

#14 Post by smaragdus »

Ultimate Calendar at version 1.8.1.1, changes:
Version 1.8.1.1
06 Feb 2016
- Fixed: Fixed start on Windows XP.
- Added: Language: Arabic.

juverax