Memory History Tool

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Memory History Tool

#1 Post by webfork »

Short version: I was inspired by TP109 to check this out but turned out a bit of a bust.
Synopsis wrote:Memory History Tool will ...compute and gather historical data of Microsoft Windows System Memory Usage and Running Processes in real-time.

... you can diagnose system memory historical data, find processes which consuming the highest amount of memory, view per-process memory usage graphs for selected or all processes and many more functions.

Usage notes:
  • * This is a really cool idea to track a program's RAM usage over time
    * I couldn't figure out a few things
    • - How to change processes
      - How to modify the performance ratings (e.g. Firefox was already using a lot of RAM so it filled the entire screen red when really that's normal for how I use the program)
    * The program has sound effects enabled by default, which I disiabled
    * Amusingly the program itself takes up a fair amount of memory, around 50 megs on my Win7x64 system.
    * Some antivirus capabilities are mentioned but I couldn't verify that.
Status: Not portable. Claims portability but at startup it writes a desktop shortcut and gave me a registry write error, then complained it couldn't delete it https://i.imgur.com/vOzoPhH.png

Requirements: admin is better but not required

License: nagware (in testing either suggests checking for a new version or offers the "premium version" at launch)

Wishlist:
  • * Standard exit button (X in corner)
    * Ability to change screen size to show more history (horizontal) or give more detail (vertical)
    * Some kind of included documentation on usage
Sites:

webfork

Re: Memory History Tool

#2 Post by webfork »

Rudy5 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:13 pm Webfork, man this has to go to submission forum. Writes in app folder exept the shortcut. I think we can live with that
I had a lot of issues beyond just a shortcut, but maybe it's changed since the last time I tested it? Anyway, I'll push it over to Submissions but I'm not interested in retesting.