AllMyNotes

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

AllMyNotes

#1 Post by webfork »

Another tree editor: AllMyNotes (first mentioned here) released a freeware version and claims portability:
http://www.vladonai.com/allmynotes-orga ... r-features

Not a fan of the default skin - recommend "gray storm" from the Tools - Skins menu.

Also lacks the indentation I was also missing in CherryTree.

EDIT: also wanted to submit another program NoteCasePro http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php , which lists a portable version, but lack of bulleted lists in the free version just felt like crippleware.

3K3

AllMyNotes Organizer Portable (Launcher)

#2 Post by 3K3 »

AllMyNotes Organizer Portable

I’m sharing my launcher for AllMyNotes Organizer (AMNO) and a guide how you can make portable package.

About AllMyNotes Organizer (from vladonai.com)
• Contact information: addresses, phones, call summary, chats. Many people believe that free-form format is better that traditional form-based - there is no limit at all. For some contacts single line of text is enough, and for others you can keep megabytes of dossier - whole branch of documents grouped in hierarchy of folders.
• Trip information: addresses, hotels, itinerary, car rental, electronic tickets, historic sites, landmarks, walking tours and restaurants.
• Financial information, bills, bank account information, record transactions, stocks, taxes, access codes. Restrict access by password to feel secure!
• Make notes on customers, keep notes on personal purchases, customer comments, track client's time, track sales leads, evaluate resumes, organize inventory, dial phone number from PC, take notes on telephone messages, record all decisions, project planning.
• Secure password management and Generator, for keeping access codes to your web-accounts and your data safely. Allow yourself to generate unique passwords for any web-site, save answers on secret questions, no need to keep data in your head!
• Shopping: shopping list, prices, coupons, web-pages of online-stores with registration info, discounts and special offers.
• Health, food, and dieting, fitness strategy, recipes.
• Teachers can keep lectures, schedule, organize exercises, notes on students and decisions.
• Students can type lectures, quotes, keep schedule, do exercises and homework.
• Project planning - use Tasks and Alarms to make it really efficient!
• Make notes in courtrooms. Helps to do detective work.
• Gift ideas.
• Bible quotes.
• TV programs: organize catalogue of favorite programs, schedule (use Alarms to never miss them!), reviews, keep dossier on favorite stars, capture interesting quotes.
• Capture news, track articles in periodicals.
• Write books.
• Secure diary tool. Keep your private journal diaries encrypted, under password.
• Note-taking: AllMyNotes is the best note-making tool, comfortably sort all your memos the way you want!
• Enter patient information. Store medical histories and techniques.
• Catalogue your DVDs and music - keep list of your CDs and DVDs, lyrics.
• Sport: save results, championship dates, biography of your favorite players.
• Genealogy tree, family records.
• Kids: capture their achievements, funny cases, special dates and events.
• Domestic pets: feeding, vaccination schedule, articles and recommendations.
• A 1000+ other uses.

Homepage
http://www.vladonai.com/

Installers
http://www.vladonai.com/allmynotes-orga ... e-download

About the Launcher

Launcher Download

Guide
- Open the installer with 7-Zip (HaoZip,...).

- Extract all folders and files (except $PLUGINSDIR folder) into App folder in your portable package.
- Use 'AllMyNotesOrganizer.exe' in AllMyNotes Organizer Portable folder to start AllMyNotes Organizer Portable.

Updating

Enjoy!
Last edited by 3K3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: AllMyNotes Organizer Portable (Launcher)

#3 Post by webfork »

Thanks for posting. It's not critical for me that the launcher is stealth, but it is critical that I get a launcher that works well on Win7.

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Tested, everything as expected. Thanks for your work. 8)

3K3

#5 Post by 3K3 »

webfork wrote:Thanks for posting. It's not critical for me that the launcher is stealth, but it is critical that I get a launcher that works well on Win7.
You are welcome. Sorry for late reply. I didn't get any reply notification about your post although I'm pretty sure that I checked the box that I want to be notified. Oh well,...
Midas wrote:Tested, everything as expected. Thanks for your work. 8)
Thank you Midas for your feedback and you are welcome.:D I'm happy to give something back to the portable community.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Initial description sounded pretty fantastic but actually testing the program and I felt a little short on options. Here's the breakdown on differences between free and paid.

Also, I posted about this program a while back but thought the "Organizer" bit was something else from the same developer. Anyways... merging threads.

Midas

Re: NoteCasePro

#7 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote:EDIT: also wanted to submit another program NoteCasePro http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php , which lists a portable version, but lack of bulleted lists in the free version just felt like crippleware.
Just a note to point that, despite any flaws it may have (and its totally fugly GUI), NoteCasePro has to be one of the most multi-platform ready programs I've come across recently -- it supports Windows and Linux (both x32 & x84), MacOS, OpenSolaris, FreeBSD & Android. I really think that is significant for this sort of application... :!:

Last edited by Midas on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

freakazoid

Re: AllMyNotes

#8 Post by freakazoid »

AllMyNotes now has a portable version:
http://allmynotes.vladonai.com/

Haven't tested the app at all.
is it stealth? ;)

Ennovy

#9 Post by Ennovy »

The programm is now at version 2.85: https://www.vladonai.com/allmynotes-org ... -whats-new
Didn't try it myself because I think the skinned GUI is very ugly and there is no "unskinned" version

Compare free and paid version: https://www.vladonai.com/allmynotes-org ... e-editions

smaragdus

Re: AllMyNotes Organizer 2.85

#10 Post by smaragdus »

@Ennovy

I have the commercial version of AllMyNotes and use "Holy Crown - Green" skin:

There are 18 skins:

but as far as I know these skins are available in the commercial version only.

In my opinions all these free versions of commercial outliners are useless. However in for me AllMyNotes is one of the better commercial outliners, at least fully portable and stealth.

Ennovy

Re: AllMyNotes Organizer 2.85

#11 Post by Ennovy »

smaragdus wrote:@Ennovy
In my opinions all these free versions of commercial outliners are useless.
Indeed, the freeware version lacks a lot of interesting features from the paid version :(

smaragdus

#12 Post by smaragdus »

Off-topic
@Ennovy
I thanked you for your tip about the portable installation of The Journal but my comment somehow disappeared.
So- thank you again! The information you provided is nowhere to be found at The Journal web-site. The program looks portable and stealth.

Ennovy

#13 Post by Ennovy »

smaragdus wrote:Off-topic
@Ennovy
I thanked you for your tip about the portable installation of The Journal but my comment somehow disappeared.
So- thank you again! The information you provided is nowhere to be found at The Journal web-site. The program looks portable and stealth.
I read your comment on BdJ, glad I could help you.

MakoSoft

AllMyNotes: tool for note-taking is worth appreciating.

#14 Post by MakoSoft »

AllMyNotes Organizer (free version) earlier was discussed on
the forum Portable Freeware Submission in the period 2012-2016.

At present, the version free of charge is called "Lite Edition".
Author of the program is explaining, that "free licence" means here:
really free for all users at home, school, professional work and so on.
Lite (free) version of AllMyNotes Organizer is moderately limited
compared with the unabridged (paid) version DeLuxe. I checked,
that it doesn't cause the lack of the usefulness of the program.
Portable versions are easy available besides installation versions.

Recently developed version 3.25 build 888 (beta) 64 bit is an important
news. Such versions of programs for information managing are still rare.

AllMyNotes Organizer virtues are a result of good software design and the long
development: efficiency, easy of daily use, speed and reliability of the database.
AllMyNotes Lite is good, checked and constantly developed universal text outliner.

More about this program is on the homepage: https://allmynotes.vladonai.com/

In my opinion, he should be quickly accepted to The Portable Freeware Collection.

webfork

Re: AllMyNotes: tool for note-taking is worth appreciating.

#15 Post by webfork »

MakoSoft wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:52 amIn my opinion, he should be quickly accepted to The Portable Freeware Collection.
As noted in the FAQ, you're welcome to add it to the database, but it probably won't get my vote. I found it to be a cool program but I was frustrated that some fairly standard editor features were under the "delux" view. Other users will certainly find the program more than adequate and are welcome to vote for it.

Also I'm not sure it was actually portable. Someone tried to build a launcher and posted about it in the other thread, which I'll merge with this one for ease of search.