Universal Extractor Update (Gora version)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: Universal Extractor Update

#61 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:Well I would appreciate donations to aid in the support of re-writing the project.
I've already indicated how important I think a GPL'd Universal Extractor is to the site so yeah I'd definitely throw in on that.

I am Baas

Re: Universal Extractor Development

#62 Post by I am Baas »

loin2kolpotoru wrote:seems gora has also discontinued the development of Universal Extractor.
Explain this then... Universal Extractor v1.7.0.68 was just released

loin2kolpotoru

#63 Post by loin2kolpotoru »

"Further support for add-frozen due to lack of time, opportunity, desire (underline). " This was written by gora at http://forum.oszone.net/showthread.php? ... 59&page=55 And UE gora mod was not updated since January That's why i wrote that, Plus do u support gpl ue or not?

Userfriendly

#64 Post by Userfriendly »

Look at this changelog... even the GUI is new. Update checker is still there though which means Gora's probably gonna take one long break. Development is frozen indefinitely I would think but not abandoned.

Let's not argue about supporting gpl this or that. Nobody is getting hurt or losing money from using this shady version. It isn't ideal but at least someone was updating and fixing UE for free. If the original author doesn't care enough about his own work to continue development or pursue legal action then why should we? We are free to use it or not. Doesn't make a difference either way.

Until someone else makes a fork, this is all we got for now.

Code: Select all

Universal Extractor 1.7.0.68 addon updated.

Updated components:
- MHTUnp.wcx replaced MhtUnPack.wcx (15.03.13)
- CmdTotal.exe version 2.0.0 (03/04/13) (thanks CaptainFlint forum.wincmd.ru)
- Helpdeco.exe replaced hlp.wcx version 1.0.2.0 (09/18/11)
- TrIDDefs.TRD (5043 file types, 4/13/13)

Changes in the expansion:
- Fix installer
- Added a third (Ukrainian) language in the installer (thanks YuriPet)

Recompilation of the script:
- Fixed an extract from msi using "Total Commander plug-in" (the error in the original source)
- Fixed retrieval of chm and hlp by a new TrIDDefs (error in the original source)
- Fixed extraction NSIS
- When removing duplicates avtopereimenovanie NSIS
- Activate the option "Hide the console window" (support not yet complete)
- Alteration MSIUnPack.vbs and script to extract without flashing window
- Focus on the OK button in the menu MethodSelect
- Removed some of the stock option unpackers
- Removed the ability to store settings in the registry
- The width of the drop-down list is automatically adjusted to the width of the maximum path length in the history of
- The main box is made trehvkladochnym, simplified access to the settings and to the rest
- Added icons in the interface (on XP icon on the button will not be displayed)
- Removed the menu bar
- Changed how to work with the language file. Now it is read once at startup, which eliminate multiple handling script drive the derivation of each window and any text.
- Fixed a misunderstanding with the suffix file unpacking UPX
- Preservation of the chosen method of extraction for 7 MethodSelect menu ini file
- Sorting of items in the history of ini file
- Changed the algorithm UPX \ ASPack unpacking. The user can select two options: continue the removal without UPX \ ASPack extract or execute only UPX \ ASPack unpacking.
- Fixed unpack ASPack
- Rewritten updater work. Now, when his work is not used ToolTip, the whole process takes place on the "Help" tab.
- Optimization of the script (a lot of everything, but you do not know)
- The format of language files:
- All files are transferred to a single, "correct" format - UTF-16 LE with BOM (signature)
- Delete section [Installer] (in the program is not used)
- Nicknames parameters replaced by digital (simplified and speeded up the script with variables)
- Removed unused lines corrected old and added new
- Removed unnecessary "accelerators", corrected to eliminate the remaining conflicts
- Full-language files are just Russian and English. The rest need to adjust the native speakers. Line, which is not translated in the language file the user will be displayed in English. Send your language file by mail indicated in the header of the language file.
- Thanks for the update language files: jasonliull, Jack, YuriPet.

spicydog

#65 Post by spicydog »

With this version I am experiencing the usual problem (which I thought was known and circumvented by now) that the AutoIt compressed executable gets eaten by most AV :(

Sometimes I run portable apps from a USB stick on other people's computers and triggering AV flags/alerts does not particularly turn me on.

Hopefully all devs will consider and remember this sensitive issue when releasing new versions of their AutoIt compiled apps.

If somebody who has access to Gora could kindly remind him that, I would be very grateful indeed.

Midas

Re: Universal Extractor (v1.7.x)

#66 Post by Midas »

Userfriendly wrote:If the original author doesn't care enough about his own work to continue development or pursue legal action then why should we? We are free to use it or not.
My thoughts, precisely. 8)

I just updated through the previous 1.6.66e (portable) version and all went breezy, so here are the new screenshots:

Image Image Image

freakazoid

#67 Post by freakazoid »

Before I go through the hassle of registering on the OSZone forum, is gora's version stealth?
is it stealth? ;)

Userfriendly

#68 Post by Userfriendly »

No, Universal Extractor was never stealth so neither is gora's version. The many different libraries it uses may write to the registry.

Download link can be found on RyanVM forum if you don't want to register. It's the other 'official' place you can get it. It even says so if you check the fileinfo of the uniextract executable.
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9771

Midas

#69 Post by Midas »

Following up on previous posts, some additional info regarding Universal Extractor 1.7.x Mod: the new dev is certainly a 7zip contributor, and he's also the owner of 7zsfx.info (see WhoIs) -- where a Subversion repository once existed (still does?), as attested by the following Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A7zsfx.info+ue
Last edited by Midas on Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spicydog

#70 Post by spicydog »

Hehe, you must be really wearing your detective hat, Midas!

Muito obrigado :mrgreen:

guinness

#71 Post by guinness »

How do I contact this Dev? Surely they would want the expertise of an AutoIt MVP?

Midas

#72 Post by Midas »

spicydog wrote:Hehe, you must be really wearing your detective hat, Midas!

Muito obrigado :mrgreen:
I had some spare time, he he he -- I could even give you a name, but that wouldn't be proper. De nada... :D
guinness wrote:How do I contact this Dev? Surely they would want the expertise of an AutoIt MVP?
I'm sure he would... PM sent. ;)

gora

#73 Post by gora »

del
Last edited by gora on Sat May 25, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

gora

#74 Post by gora »

Translators are needed for the UE. Who wants to help? Who can help? Who wants and can to help?

spicydog

#75 Post by spicydog »

@ gora: I would like to help but please see what you can do something about this: