Pocket Radio Player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
TP109

Re: Pocket Radio Player

#106 Post by TP109 »

ozziguy wrote:The zip only included the exe file and nothing more. You need a "full install" from 171031 and just copy over the new exe to your install directory. The fmod.dll-error indicates that you have nothing, not even the fmod.dll in your folder.
Version 171031 works after copying the prp_xp71.exe to the 171031 folder. Originally, either I deleted the entire prp folder and forgot about it, or mistakenly deleted the fmod.dll file along with the original prp.exe file. In any case, error on my part.

Thanks

Grisu

#107 Post by Grisu »

ozziguy wrote: Does that info help at all ?
Sadly not. I'm not messing around with the compiler package. So I went back to the older compiler version. Perhaps this error will be fixed in the next compiler package. But this might take a while.

Current PRP build is now #171105. Modified the Graveyard spectrum anaylser over the last days. Hope you all like the changes.

You only need the current exe from here to update: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rv1ff8fyv ... cortex.zip

TP109

#108 Post by TP109 »

No problems with #171105 on XP.

ozziguy

#109 Post by ozziguy »

#171105 working fine on xp. Thankyou

Grisu

#110 Post by Grisu »

Thanks for testing guys!

ozziguy

#111 Post by ozziguy »

The latest version not supporting xp anymore ? (Pocket Radio Player v180203)

The procedure entry point _vsnprintf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

Grisu

#112 Post by Grisu »

I haven't changed the compiler from the last release. Thanks to Microsoft for this library hell policy.

You need to update your msvcrt.dll to a newer version manually. As I don't use XP anymore, I can't test it.

Can you try out this exe: (removed, because not working)
Last edited by Grisu on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozziguy

#113 Post by ozziguy »

Hi Grisu

That other exe gives same error. I tried reinstalling the redistributables without any luck either

Grisu

#114 Post by Grisu »

Looks like I might be forced to build an extra "Windows XP" branch for future releases. :(

Please download the zip and only copy the "prp_xp.exe" over to your prp folder and start this one. - This build doesn't use the latest changes for libcurl. But it should work with the other changes made at least: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mrt8d2ukd ... tex_xp.zip

P.S.: If this works for you, I'll put the update on the main website.

ozziguy

#115 Post by ozziguy »

That one works

Thanks Grisu

TP109

#116 Post by TP109 »

Working here too.

thanx

Grisu

#117 Post by Grisu »

The prp_xp.exe is now available directly from the official website as well.

Also I have contacted the creator of the libcurl module I use. Perhaps there's a workaround. Furthermore I'm waiting for new Win32 builds of the GCC 7.3 compiler. The release includes over 100 bug fixes and also some security updates against Spectre. It might fix the Windows XP error message we encountered earlier.

Grisu

#118 Post by Grisu »

I got a module update. This way I can probably keep one build for all platfroms. According to the logs, a win32 vsnprintf patch was applied.

Could you please retest the following exe under XP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bdram82vk ... p_judy.zip ?

JudyGarland

#119 Post by JudyGarland »

Pocker Radio Player works like a charme now, with latest update. Thanks Grisu. Many die_hard xp users still around, dont ever forget about us ;-).Well done, have a nice day.
Judy

JudyGarland

#120 Post by JudyGarland »

Sadly, I can add logos to each station, but I can't delete any of them. Not a big deal, however I think not too hard to fix either.

Cheers