Project Invincible

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
SYSTEM

Re: Project Invincible

#16 Post by SYSTEM »

SYSTEM wrote:
joby_toss wrote:This is what I don't like about this game:
SYSTEM wrote:Project Invincible...has...very good AI.
:evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: :(
The AI strength is adjustable.

But indeed, even at the minimum level (one ply) it is stronger than e.g. me... :mrgreen:
I have good news regarding that. :) I just found and fixed a bug that caused the AI to use one more ply than it was supposed to. In the next version, one ply will really mean one ply (= be much weaker...)
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

SYSTEM

#17 Post by SYSTEM »

Funny bug in a development build. :mrgreen:

guinness

#18 Post by guinness »

What a weird bug!

SYSTEM

#19 Post by SYSTEM »

SYSTEM wrote: The remaining Game Programming course, "Computer graphics and animation", is about small programming examples rather than a big project.
Here is a physics simulation demo I created during the course. :) It may not look impressive, but it involves a lot of mathematics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uLTBCAFpyQ

lautrepay

#20 Post by lautrepay »

Congrats, SYSTEM, for the last two version of Project Invincible. Nice changelogs.
I'd like to know if it's possible to:
1) Save the games (perhaps with the date as name) to continue playing in another moment.
2) Modify the colors of the pieces.
Thanks in advance!

SYSTEM

#21 Post by SYSTEM »

lautrepay wrote:Congrats, SYSTEM, for the last two version of Project Invincible. Nice changelogs.
Thanks. That's why I don't believe in Release early, release often. :)
lautrepay wrote: I'd like to know if it's possible to:
1) Save the games (perhaps with the date as name) to continue playing in another moment.
2) Modify the colors of the pieces.
Thanks in advance!
Neither is currently possible. :( However, these features have already been requested and are therefore planned.

guinness

#22 Post by guinness »

SYSTEM wrote:Neither is currently possible. :( However, these features have already been requested and are therefore planned.
But plausible? :mrgreen:

SYSTEM

#23 Post by SYSTEM »

guinness wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:Neither is currently possible. :( However, these features have already been requested and are therefore planned.
But plausible? :mrgreen:
Sure. :)

Ability to change piece colors will be easy. It will come in version 2.1.

Ability to save games, by itself, would require moderate effort. However, I was asked for ability to save games in the PGN format, which is significantly harder. Most importantly, instead of the current position a PGN file contains a list of moves that have been played. That requires Project Invincible to store the list of moves in case the player wants to save the game. The list of moves is needed for a couple of things anyway (ability to undo and detection for threefold repetition), so it will be done in version 2.1. However, because of other problems (for example, in PGN the moves are recorded in Short Algebraic Notation, which is a pain to produce and interpret) ability to save games is only planned for version 3.0.

SYSTEM

#24 Post by SYSTEM »

BetterInstaller just contacted me.
Dear Developer,

I would like to offer you the opportunity to generate revenues from your downloads & installs.

We specialize in monetizing solutions and creating income for our partners from their software.

Who do I contact on your marketing department in order to move forward?

--
Best Regards,

Idan Liba
Business Development Manager
http://BetterInstaller.com
I declined to "move forward".

SYSTEM

#26 Post by SYSTEM »

Thanks for that. John T. Haller did not notify me (although I'm happy to see Project Invincible in PortableApps.com :) ).

SYSTEM

#27 Post by SYSTEM »

Another contact.
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you as a representative of SoftFinder.com, a recently launched online software directory. SoftFinder is developed and managed by Red Sky, a company owing several on-line projects, largely successful in the global market. Their portfolio includes popular search engines, such as Alternative, FilesTube, an international movie website Pnop, a flash games platform Wowin and many others.

To celebrate the recent launch of SoftFinder we want to organize a grand software giveaway. The event will be promoted through a multichannel campaign, including Social Media, YouTube, AdWords, mailings, press releases and guest blogging.

Red Sky’s network generates over 130 mln unique users every month. Owing to this, we are able to direct a traffic of over 200,000 users per day to SoftFinder, plus, we can reach over 2 mln international Facebook fans of different interests and professions and get them involved.

What do we offer?

We would like to invite you to join us as a partner providing software licenses for the software giveaway.

In return, we can offer attractive, free of charge advertising opportunities, including promotional banners, featuring your company on our home and landing page, as well as in the newsletter sent to over 100K subscribers - please see examples. Specific advertisement arrangements would depend on the value of sponsored prizes and all further agreements.

I believe this is a unique opportunity to get your products in the spotlight and in front of a global, but specifically-targeted audience - all this for just the equivalent of your own software licenses.
I do hope that this is something you might be willing to consider. I can provide you with more information, and will appreciate the opportunity to discuss the topic in further detail. If you are interested, please reply at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Liwia Klich

SoftFinder Marketing Team
I told them that Project Invincible is FOSS (i.e. I can't "provide software licenses"). In addition, I don't own the copyright of the whole source code (there are still parts written by former developers), so I can't make Project Invincible commercial even if I wanted.

JohnTHaller

#28 Post by JohnTHaller »

SYSTEM wrote:Thanks for that. John T. Haller did not notify me (although I'm happy to see Project Invincible in PortableApps.com :) ).
I was going to drop a note to you later in the day (I released it a bit after midnight that morning), but you'd already found it and posted in our forum :) I do still think donations could work. Also, I mocked you up a possible better custom icon. It's in the topic you posted:
http://portableapps.com/node/35967#comment-203504
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

lautrepay

#29 Post by lautrepay »

SYSTEM wrote:I told them that Project Invincible is FOSS (i.e. I can't "provide software licenses"). In addition, I don't own the copyright of the whole source code (there are still parts written by former developers), so I can't make Project Invincible commercial even if I wanted.
Why not?

SYSTEM

#30 Post by SYSTEM »

lautrepay wrote:
SYSTEM wrote:I told them that Project Invincible is FOSS (i.e. I can't "provide software licenses"). In addition, I don't own the copyright of the whole source code (there are still parts written by former developers), so I can't make Project Invincible commercial even if I wanted.
Why not?
I'd need their permission.