Process Notifier

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
guinness

Process Notifier

#1 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable
This program sends notification email when a specified process starts/closes/is found/is not found. This will be useful when there is a PC which cannot be watched all the time. Moreover, it can be used to notify you when the machine is started or send desktop screenshots via E-mail. It is portable and does not require to run an installer.
Download: http://michaeluno.jp/en/processnotifier

I am Baas

Re: Process Notifier

#2 Post by I am Baas »

I did not submit Process Notifier because it's only at version 0.0.2beta.

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

I am Baas wrote:I did not submit Process Notifier because it's only at version 0.0.2beta.
Beta isn't a bad thing, there are plenty of applications in the database that were submitted or still are in beta, alpha I can understand.

As a developer I understand the mentality of using the 'beta' label rather than calling an application stable, it just gives you more room to make radical changes & occasionally destroy the odd bug(s) without compromising your reputation as a developer. Take PEStudio for example, if that was being developed under beta, then it wouldn't have got as much bad publicity as it did.

marygthu

#4 Post by marygthu »

guinness wrote:
I am Baas wrote:I did not submit Process Notifier because it's only at version 0.0.2beta.
Beta isn't a bad thing, there are plenty of applications in the database that were submitted or still are in beta, alpha I can understand.

As a developer I understand the mentality of using the 'beta' label rather than calling an application stable, it just gives you more room to make radical changes & occasionally destroy This is an excellent site I love it the odd bug(s) without compromising your reputation as a developer. Take PEStudio for example, if that was being developed under beta, then it wouldn't have got as much bad publicity as it did.
I could not agree more. In fact, a lot of the portable apps I use are not stable versions at all! :)
Last edited by marygthu on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

#5 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:
My experience on this has been mixed -- some devs just ignore the whole alpha/beta/RC/ x.0 release system. By the same token, it seems that most open source programs listed as alpha or beta are frequently very stable, while with closed projects its a real caution sign. I remember playing with the original Firefox (Firebird at the time I think) back when it was in the RC stages and seeing it go from almost a joke to something really quite polished well before Beta status.

Anyway, glad to have the note about release status from Baas.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed a bad [/quote] tag