Geometer 1.5.5

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
tproli

Geometer 1.5.5

#1 Post by tproli »

Geometer 1.5.5

The program is used for geometric calculations. Based on the values of the geometric shape it can calculate the unknown one. Can be used for calculating values of a triangle, a right-angled triangle, circle, pie slice, segments of circles, squares, cylinders, cones, truncated cones, sphere and rectangular. After the missing value is calculated the perimeter and area, volume and surface are also displayed.

The angle values are displayed in decimal and degrees-minutes-seconds format. It is possible to convert angles from decimal to degrees-minutes-seconds, and vice versa.

Currently the croatian, czech, english, french, german, hungarian, polish, portugese, romanian, slovak and spanish languages are available.

Website
Direct link to download

How to extract: install to default location and copy files to another directory (except uninstall.exe and uninstall.ini). Uninstall.

Writes settings to: Application folder
Stealth: None. Writes language settings to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sgx\Geometer

tproli

Re: Geometer 1.5.5

#2 Post by tproli »

Sorry, just noticed that it writes to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sgx\Geometer" (registration info and language setting). Registration info means you should LIKE (facebook) the software (but it is displayed only on first run). That was not the case in earlier versions.

GeddichNixan

#3 Post by GeddichNixan »

I contacted the author, sent him a brushed up version of the "German.lng" file of his program and asked him whether it would be possible to make the program stealth. I have just received an answer from him with the following two dowlnoad links to the new version of the program:

http://www.gabrielsoft.hu/download/geosetup.exe (Installer in Hungarian)

http://www.gabrielsoft.hu/download/geosetupeng.exe (Installer in English)

This version 1.5.6 is portable and can be installed on a USB stick (information form the author). It seems to store the language settings in an ini file within the app folder. I haven't yet had the time though to thest it for the registry entry.

tproli

#4 Post by tproli »

Great news,thanks. It puts a shortcut to the desktop but otherwise seems to be portable.

I am Baas

#5 Post by I am Baas »

Calls home and adds a bookmark in Favorites folder.

GeddichNixan

#6 Post by GeddichNixan »

Shortcut on the desktop - confirmed.

Calls home - There is a welcome window on first start. It disappears when you click on the button which brings you to the author's website. (There is no other way to get rid of it.) Afterward the window won't show up. "Calling home behavior" - partly confirmed.

Bookmark in Favorites folder - I couldn't reproduce this one. My default browser isn't IE though, so probably this behavior shows up only if the default browser is IE.