Light Alloy - audio/video player

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

Light Alloy - audio/video player

#1 Post by joby_toss »

http://www.light-alloy.ru/en/home/

Light Alloy - is a compact multimedia player. It supports all popular multimedia formats. It is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources. It has fast video rewind, loads subtitles, can be minimized to tray and controlled with a remote control (WinLIRC), adjusts the brightness/contrast/saturation of the image, makes screenshots, supports multimedia keyboards, allows you to make a bookmark in the list/set labels on timeline, lets you select audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films, has full support for DVD.
  • Features:
    • Supports built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs), as well as custom codecs for the selected video formats, has full support for subtitles (with the ability to specify the time shift if the subtitles are behind or ahead); has minimal start time;
      Full support for DVD and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
      Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely..
      Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 2x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
      Volume control, play time and timeline display on the control panel.
      Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, play offset.
      Unrestricted display size with or w/o aspect ratio alignment.
      Audio and video filters configuration.
      Supports playlists with the possibility of placing labels/bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline; can be configured to display or hide the duration, can generate a table from the playlist (for movie collectors), save/load a playlist, get screenshots from the video (including the DVD).
      Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
      Show detailed info on played file, copy to clipboard any fields of data or all the info at once.
      Richly reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
      Easy to use media-oriented add files dialogue.
      *Add similar to playlist* and *Automatically rewind opening/ending* (for anime lovers especially) features.
      Video settings saving per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
      Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
License information:
Light Alloy is freeware. You can use it in any way you want and do anything with it, according to your conscience.

Download portable version: http://www.light-alloy.ru/en/download_v45up/

Seems to be portable and stealth in my tests, and I really like it.

Edit: forgot to mention that you may use relative paths for your screenshots folder:

Last edited by joby_toss on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lautrepay

Re: Light Alloy

#2 Post by lautrepay »

@joby_toss: Oh, you beat me for a few minutes. My post was ready to publish :evil:
:mrgreen:
I like this app very much, but it's not stealth for me. It leaves behind some icon related settings under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\LAV4_Shared]. But nothing I can't live with.
Anyway, thanks for posting!!

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

:) Sorry about that.

And yes, you're right about that registry key.

freakazoid

#4 Post by freakazoid »

Looks nice and potentially a replacement for MPlayer WW.
is it stealth? ;)

lautrepay

#5 Post by lautrepay »

Light Alloy v4.6.5 (build 37) - May 20, 2012

Player:
[+] Support for Unicode.
[+] Add files to the list now has three modes (Addition / Universal / replacement).
[+] Settings-> Video: MadVR visualizer.
[+] Settings-> Mouse: A new tab - * Wheel *.
[+] Settings-> list: a new option * Do not delete the file from the list of playable *.
[+] Settings-> Keyboard: a new tab - * Alternative *.
[+] Settings-> OSD: chough * Block external DirectVobSub *.
[+] Settings-> Codec: new options.
[+] Added AVS (Audio-Video Standard), and OGV (OGG Video) in the list of known extensions.
[+] * About: * added output version of the codec.
[+] In the fields of video, if you hold fast in the Ctrl, then we will move to 30 seconds, if the Alt key then 60 seconds.
[+] Internal list: the selection currently playing favorites.
[+] Internal list: displays when playing songs from the CUE-playlist.
[=] Options: The mass of cosmetic changes.
[=] Settings-> Appearance recovered from the hidden settings * Option to comply with the video aspect ratio when resizing *.
[=] Skin Default: removed a couple of buttons, maximize the window instead of going to full screen by clicking on the "square" in the title.
[=] For the player window will now show up at that screen, which shows the main window of the player.
[=] Updated icons packs Metro Black, LA1x, DevilInside.
[-] The internal list of: corrections in the scrolling list.
[-] Settings-> Keyboard: Fixed default ones by pressing keys on the * standard *.
[-] Various fixes to support multi-monitor configurations. Also in Options-> Events and Settings-> Video for this topic adds new options.
[-] Fixed the regime maximization.
[-] Fixed an unintended reduction in the visible region of the film during the second display panels when the player was in the corner.
[-] Fixed the audio tracks as you drag them to the bottom panel of the Explorer and the option is off * only upload files of known formats.
[-] Fixed problem with disappearing text when you press Alt.
[-] Another bunch of bug fixes.

Video Engine:
[+] Added support for built-in decoding of video / audio decoder:
Video: CSCD (CamStudio Decoder), QTRle (Quick Time RLE), DV / DVHD / DVCPRO 25/50/100, UtVideo, Dirac, Lagarith, Apple ProRes, Cinepak.
Audio: QDM2, WavPack 4, MusePack v7/v8, Monkey Audio (APE), TrueSpeech.
[+] Support for Apple Quicktime HDV 720p/HDV 1080i in the container MP4.
[+] Support for Apple ProRes / QDM2 / Sorenson in the container MP4.
[+] Support for playback of WavPack.
[+] Support for playback of MusePack v8.
[+] Support for Dirac-playing videos in MPEG and OGG container.
[+] Support for multi-channel float PCM / 64-bit float PCM in MP4/MKV-konteynerah.
[+] Support 10-bit video engine for embedded subtitling.
[+] Improved compatibility of MPEG-splitter with ArcSoft and CyberLink.
[+] Support for AAC LATM in MPEG-container.
[+] Support for playback of multi-threading for OGG-splitter and video Theora.
[+] Repeatedly improved advance to OGG + Theora.
[+] Support for external (installed in the user's system) DirectVobSub.
[+] Display this DXVA-mode technically OSD.
[=] Updated codecs.
[-] Not started playing some RealMedia files.
[-] When you switch to EVR disappeared from the header label DXVA, even though the mode has been activated.
[-] In some AVI using the codec MJPG observed missing frames.
[-] Can not play some prehistoric MPEG-1.
[-] Did not show media information CDXA / MPEG-PS files.
[-] In Mpeg-2 decoder can not save the settings.
[-] Some MPEG-1/2 files not working rewind, congeal image.
[-] Fixed problem with over-saturation in the Mpeg-2 decoder, which was observed exclusively among users of Windows XP.
Download Portable version @ http://depositfiles.com/files/x39w4ednx or http://turbobit.net/a5qeyprjsrn5.html

Ruby

#6 Post by Ruby »

I can't download 4.6.5

Deposit Files: 'The site is temporarily unavailable ...'

turbobit: 'Our service is currently unavailable in your country. ...'

~Ruby

lautrepay

#7 Post by lautrepay »

Ruby wrote:I can't download 4.6.5

Deposit Files: 'The site is temporarily unavailable ...'

turbobit: 'Our service is currently unavailable in your country. ...'

~Ruby
I had no problems with Deposit Files. Didn't try the turbobit link...

Ruby

#8 Post by Ruby »

OK, I was finally able to download 4.6.5 (Deposit Files)|(turbobit is still ...unavailable ... country...)

This video player is stunning; I've been using MPlayerWW for video files and KMPlayer for DVDs (better menu support) and have now replaced both with Light Alloy.

I still have/keep SMPlayer v0.6.9 (SVN r3447) using MPlayer (SVN r29355) for a specific purpose; it is the only player to date that can decrease/increase speed without no audio degradation in pitch, volume or sync.

Thanks joby_toss for posting :D

I did notice something a little odd; when capturing a single screenshot it saves it to my pre-defined folder (which is a different top-level folder from the program) using a driveless path (e.g., \Archive\Images), however when capturing a sequence ("Save full-screen screenshots from movie" - 6 shots by default) it saves it in the program folder in a diff lang
e.g.
㩄䅜捲楨敶呜浥屰屁_01.png
㩄䅜捲楨敶呜浥屰屁_02.png
㩄䅜捲楨敶呜浥屰屁_03.png
etc...
These files are overwritten with each new sequence capture.
:?

I've settled on the 'Clear Night' skin; it's visually and functionally my favorite.

Here's a tip I found, go to Options > Video > Misc - and tick the 'Extended "Next-Frame" button' checkbox, this will give right-click options to the 'Frame Forward' button allowing for 'Back' direction, time sequence, etc...

~Ruby

joby_toss

#9 Post by joby_toss »

It became my default player, also. I use the same skin. :)
But when I tested this last version I found a few more registry keys than before. Not stealth anymore, I'd say.

lautrepay

#10 Post by lautrepay »

Ruby wrote:I still have/keep SMPlayer v0.6.9 (SVN r3447) using MPlayer (SVN r29355) for a specific purpose; it is the only player to date that can decrease/increase speed without no audio degradation in pitch, volume or sync.
Have you tried SMPlayer2?
It's a stripped version of SMPlayer specifically built to work in conjunction with MPlayer2.
Its developer is lachs0r, responsible for the MPlayer2 builds for Windows.
You can download it @ http://smplayer2.srsfckn.biz/
Like you, I keep a version of SMPlayer (in my case, this fork) for a specific purpose; it is the only player that can properly recognize all the audio tracks of certain video files.

lautrepay

#11 Post by lautrepay »

Version 4.6.6 (build 356) is available.

View the massive changelog here.

Download links: DepositFiles; turbobit; Softpedia

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

I'm having trouble upgrading the portable version. No matter the method used, I lose some of the settings I've previously set...

joby_toss

#13 Post by joby_toss »

...But no more! I finally found out why I was loosing my settings!

Light Alloy's general settings are stored in "LA.xml" file.
After you copy the new files over your old ones, DO NOT launch the player!
First, open your settings file and replace the old "version" string with the new one.

In my example I upgraded from version 4.6.5 (build 73) to version 4.6.7 (build 726), so

Code: Select all

version="4.6.5" build="37"

becomes

Code: Select all

version="4.6.7" build="726"
Here is a screenshot:

Save the .xml file, launch the player's new version and enjoy your old settings!

http://www.light-alloy.ru/en/download/

Ruby

#14 Post by Ruby »

Light Alloy v4.7.0 (build 1367)
Download|Changelog - http://www.light-alloy.ru/download/
New website (nice!)
http://www.light-alloy.ru/
http://www.light-alloy.ru/lang/en/

Among the many fixes and improvements, you can now add video URLs (Ctrl+U) for YouTube and Vimeo

They have a new 'Radio Browser' currently pulls down IceCast and can also add URLs manually and using the tried and true BASS Audio Library

If you want a test a Vimeo video, here's a quick (~4 min) NIN music video (caution: language)
Nine Inch Nails: "Somewhat Damaged" live from on stage @ Roskilde Festival, Denmark 7.03.09 [HD]
http://vimeo.com/8344405 - copy to clipboard and paste in LA Player (Ctrl+U)
Hint: Options > Video > Misc - Preferred quality of online videos - set resolution and then tap the Q key (while video is playing) for 'technical OSD' showing Video decoder, input/output video resolution, audio, etc..

~Ruby

joby_toss

#15 Post by joby_toss »

Same as the beta versions, this 4.7.0 stable one saves some stuff in the registry. Not vital settings, though.