VMware Converter standalone

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

VMware Converter standalone

#1 Post by webfork »

So I thought Disk2vhd was awesome until I heard about VMware Converter, which will do basically the same thing, converts to a bunch of different formats including Norton, Symantec, Microsoft, and of course VMware format. It comes highly recommended from a sysadmin friend of mine.
Convert Physical Machines to Virtual Machines in Minutes

VMware vCenter Converter can run on a wide variety of hardware, and supports most commonly used versions of the Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. With this robust enterprise class migration tool you can:
  • Quickly and reliably convert local and remote physical machines into virtual machines without any disruption or downtime.
  • Complete multiple conversions simultaneously with a centralized management console and an intuitive conversion wizard.
  • Convert other virtual machine formats such as Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Virtual PC and Microsoft Virtual Server or backup images of physical machines such as Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery or Norton Ghost to VMware virtual machines.
Anyway, haven't tested, but there's a standalone version.

guinness

Re: VMware Converter standalone

#2 Post by guinness »

I tried to test but seems I have to register for the free product or am I missing something obvious?!

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

guinness wrote:I tried to test but seems I have to register for the free product or am I missing something obvious?!
No, it does -- sorry about that

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Shame, this had potential if it was Portable.