music2pc

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
ozok

Re: music2pc

#16 Post by ozok »

I was not trying to accuse this particular software. I just wondered how this or any other software like this (Google Play is full of them for instance) could survive when music industry likes to shut them down.

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

I guess it's just the idea that pirated music is up to the user and that's who they should be chasing rather than a server hosted in some other country that doesn't recognize copyright law.

bzl333

#18 Post by bzl333 »

ozok wrote:How come this software doesn't get sued or banned? As far as I can tell, it searches zaycev.net and get-tune.net and then parses the search page. If you look at sources of these pages you can see direct links to mp3 files. Isn't this illegal, what this software does?
i kind of agree with you. When i checked what urls it was going to and saw it was only those 2 sites i figured maybe the program is just a front for those sites.

That said, when in Rome....(i guess)

since its apparently now portable is it worth adding to the database?

webfork

#19 Post by webfork »

bzl333 wrote:since its apparently now portable is it worth adding to the database?
I haven't done so yet just because it seems so crashy. Was going to wait for a follow-up release that might address some of that before adding.

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote:
bzl333 wrote:since its apparently now portable is it worth adding to the database?
I haven't done so yet just because it seems so crashy. Was going to wait for a follow-up release that might address some of that before adding.
One note here: the version I tested (very buggy) was 2.1.8.233 ... the latest is 2.1.9.234 and may have addressed some of these issues.

bzl333

#21 Post by bzl333 »

webfork wrote:
webfork wrote:
One note here: the version I tested (very buggy) was 2.1.8.233 ... the latest is 2.1.9.234 and may have addressed some of these issues.
yeah, latest works pretty good for me. only thing i noticed is that "search engine #1" doesnt show bitrate until i click on the line of the song. Also, wish they would allow the user to select all the songs to download at once and then the program downloads them one by one or whatever. As it is now the program doesnt seem to work to well if i select more than one at a time - kind of freezes for a while. Should have a queue.

bzl333

#22 Post by bzl333 »

hmm, "Search Engine #2" not working for me anymore. Lists all the songs, hit the download button and it goes from 0% right to the PLAY button, no file. :(

bzl333

#23 Post by bzl333 »

anyone able to download songs with this program anymore?

i'm in the u.s. and was wondering if maybe those 2 websites got sued and decided to stop sending content to u.s. based IP address now?

joby_toss

#24 Post by joby_toss »

First Search Provider returns an error:

Second search provider allows me to search for anything:

But the downloaded .mp3 file is in fact a small .html file starting with this:
Your current location is determined as Romania.
In this country site zaycev.net is not accessable.
If the country is determined incorrectly, please inform us.
Same thing when directly accessing the website (and trying to download something)...

...from anywhere else than Russia, I believe...

...including the US:

So I'd say no, it doesn't work for most of us right out of the box. Russia recently adopted an anti-piracy law that I believe is the cause for this. But I'm sure one can find a way to bypass this limitation if one really needs to (don't click on me). ;)

bzl333

#25 Post by bzl333 »

thanks Joby Toss.

i have an VPN but Russia is not one of the options.

webfork

#26 Post by webfork »

Napiophelios wrote:... deplorable need for everyone to know what they like or what they thought about while doing absolutely nothing. ..and a decent program was ruined in the process.
I think Songbird (entry) tried to go this route as well. I don't think that it ruined the client but I think they tried to add "social" features while still not making any money. I think the whole thing was sold as a "Firefox for iTunes," trying to drop the crappy, slow, bloated iTunes the way people dropped Internet Explorer.

Regardless, I don't mind occasionally hearing about a song one of my friends really likes, but unless we're into the same type of music, that's usually a waste of time. Adding social network functionality for this software baffles me.

Napiophelios

#27 Post by Napiophelios »

Its been a while since I used it, but I have good memories of Songbird.
I got a lot of free legal music downloads following all of its suggested sites.
I cant remember why I stopped using it.

Nexus Radio was ruined because it had a nice compact gui till they added all those buttons
for social media.

but I dont really need for my mom or little brothers to know what I am listening to
while I rant and rave on Facebook.

I think all the social media stuff is geared towards a younger crowd
teenagers or college kids.

smaragdus

Re: music2pc 2.2.2.242

#28 Post by smaragdus »

music2pc at version 2.2.2.242. The first search provider works fine but the second search provider returns an error message on downloading:

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 423 Locked
Error5

The download link for the portable version is deleted from the download page bit it still works- direct download link.

smaragdus

Re: music2pc 2.2.3.244

#29 Post by smaragdus »

music2pc still updated (version 2.2.3.244 released on 2018-06-26), the portable version still available. I still get an error trying to download from Search Provider 2.