FillOutAForm

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lautrepay

FillOutAForm

#1 Post by lautrepay »

FillOutAForm enables you to fill out either a scanned form or a PDF form on your computer and print it (or print the original form with your entries superimposed). Landscape-oriented as well as portrait-oriented forms are supported.
Download: http://jdmcox.com/FillOutAForm.exe

webfork

Re: FillOutAForm

#2 Post by webfork »

lautrepay wrote:
FillOutAForm enables you to fill out either a scanned form or a PDF form on your computer and print it (or print the original form with your entries superimposed). Landscape-oriented as well as portrait-oriented forms are supported.
Its open source, no idea what the license is, and there really isn't much more info on the website than what lautrepay pointed out. Can you post a screenshot or something?

I've been using PDF-XChange for filling out forms so far and its okay, but certainly available to alternatives.

lautrepay

Re: FillOutAForm

#3 Post by lautrepay »

webfork wrote:
lautrepay wrote:
Its open source, no idea what the license is, and there really isn't much more info on the website than what lautrepay pointed out. Can you post a screenshot or something?

I've been using PDF-XChange for filling out forms so far and its okay, but certainly available to alternatives.
I've been using FillOutAForm for just one specific purpose: to quickly fill out a paper form that, due to my work, I occasonally have to use.
So, I've got this form scanned in .bmp format, and, first, I load it with FillOutAForm choosing File>Open .bmp file>To enter or print entries on .bmp file. I fill in the blanks, like this:

When it's done you'll see that a .dta file is created in the same folder and with the same name of the .bmp file (the app does not register the file type).
Then, I load the image file again, but now from File>Open .bmp file>To print entries on Original form., you'll see this:

Finally, put the pre-printed form in the printer and File>Print. And delete the .dta file, otherwise the old data will appear each time.
Perhaps there are easier ways to do this task, but FillOutAForm fits my needs. My only doubt is if it's stealth or not, since the app remembers the location of the last file used. But I can't find where this information is stored...