Total Text Container

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
risk

Total Text Container

#1 Post by risk »

Another PIM freeware with an ambitious set of features that might differentiate it from others.
Store information, documentation, notes, passwords, images, bookmarks, contacts, calendar events & tasks, import/export Google iCal files . Powerfull Multi layer encryption, portable, xml database, all in one powerfull user friendly app.
Project Home: http://sourceforge.net/projects/totaltext

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

I got 3 access violations just running this thing. I think I'll wait for a newer version to check it out.

portable-freak

#3 Post by portable-freak »

Testing v 0.8 on Win XP SP2
Running well so far but:
- Slow launch
- The application doesn't restore the last selected item nor the window size, I couldn't find any options to make it work that way.

mtirnanic

#4 Post by mtirnanic »

V 0.84 Has been released with a couple resolved issues.

Speed increase.
Window save when exiting as opposed to having it when u save the container.

I'll look into the Auto select last Node on open issue asap.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=179054

mtirnanic

#5 Post by mtirnanic »

I'm aiming for Version 1 of total text container to be stable so if any1 would like to beta test for me please let me know.

At the moment its on version 0.90d and has become alot more stable.

Thanx in advance

technicolordreamcoat

totaltext

#6 Post by technicolordreamcoat »

totaltext is a notepad/database similar to mempad
this app has fantastic features

http://mtirnanic.googlepages.com/

TPFC Fan

#7 Post by TPFC Fan »

I get an access violation error. :(

Fluffy

#8 Post by Fluffy »

http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... php?t=1108

PLEASE use the search features first! :(

teobromina

#9 Post by teobromina »

technicolordreamcoat: Nice signature. How do you do it?

I have tested it for a while and I think EssentialPim

http://www.essentialpim.com/

is still better, because its ability to syncronize to outlook and import-export from CSV.

Anyway totaltext is a very good writting pad for personal information.

*JT.

Fluffy

#10 Post by Fluffy »

Well, considering that the function Total Text was meant to provide is quite different than the aims of EssentialPIM, I think that there's no real room for comparison. :)

teobromina

Not exactly

#11 Post by teobromina »

Fluffy wrote:Well, considering that the function Total Text was meant to provide is quite different than the aims of EssentialPIM, I think that there's no real room for comparison. :)
Dear Fluffy: I do not care the function that had to provide a program, but the function that actually it provides. OK, too word games from my side... :lol:

In terms of editing and saving personal information, I really think that EssentialPIM (2 Mb size) is giving more options that Total Text (7 Mb size), because it adds to notes edition, and scheduling functions, full compatibility to sync with outlook. The export capability of Essential excedes the same function of Total Text because not only exports documents to rtf format, but HTML as well. If I had to bring to a lost island in the midle of the sea just some small piece of software I would preffer Essential PIM instead of Total Text... :wink:

*JT.

portable-freak

#12 Post by portable-freak »

Totaltext v0.95
Getting nothing but access violation errors :(
Win XP SP2.

mtirnanic

#13 Post by mtirnanic »

portable-freak wrote:Totaltext v0.95
Getting nothing but access violation errors :(
Win XP SP2.
portable-freak>>>Try V0.96
One of the components that i used for printing (Free report) would spew out useless errors when you didn't have a printer installed. This has been fixed temp by disabling printing(in the calendar frame) for this version.

portable-freak

#14 Post by portable-freak »

mtirnanic wrote: portable-freak>>>Try V0.96
One of the components that i used for printing (Free report) would spew out useless errors when you didn't have a printer installed. This has been fixed temp by disabling printing(in the calendar frame) for this version.
Yes, that's right I haven't got a printer here and version 0.96 solves this issue.
However, there are numerous things that don't work properly, the program doesn't remember last selected item for instance. I closed and restarted the application and got a completely different layout which I hadn't chosen at all.

AlephX

#15 Post by AlephX »

Hi, I tested release 0.98 and I like it... unfortunately it is still under development (some bugs). I think that it´s a very difficult project!