Radio Gaga

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Nh

Radio Gaga

#1 Post by Nh »

"GaGa is a very lightweight, simple online radio player that runs as an icon on the Windows tray. It's similar to RadioTray for Linux..."

Download: https://github.com/Beluki/GaGa/releases

I tried it, as I know it writes settings to application folder (Streams.ini, GaGa.dat), can't say much about registry entries. Very minimalistic, easy managing playlist of streams.

joby_toss

Re: Radio Gaga

#2 Post by joby_toss »

Tested on win 10: Portable.

Should be noted that
Carlos Beluki wrote:The source code has no dependencies other than the .NET Framework 4.0+.
and
Carlos Beluki wrote:GaGa is feature-complete and has no known bugs. Unless issues are reported I plan no further development on it other than maintenance.
This app is small and fast, but its major drawback is the need to manually edit/add stations to its database; not that it's hard to do, but one needs to know the necessary urls of those stations, and sometimes they're hard to find. However, this is great for those that listen only to a few radio stations and want something as light as possible.
Fix License wrote:LICENSE

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to anyone
obtaining a copy of this document and accompanying files,
to do whatever they want with them without any restriction,
including, but not limited to, copying, modification and redistribution.

NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS PROVIDED.

shnbwmn

Re: Radio Gaga

#3 Post by shnbwmn »

A bit similar to Radiola in its simplicity, with the benefit of being in the tray and therefore by default having a better interface lol :twisted: