True Launch Bar - Systematic Menu-Driven Application Launcher

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Portable_Intellect

True Launch Bar - Systematic Menu-Driven Application Launcher

#1 Post by Portable_Intellect »

I will adress the issue before it can even become one. Eh, what do you mean?
The developer is not personally responsible for the conflict. If you want a personal argument, kindly
PM me, and then we can chat away somewhere in private?

Now, back to the key issue on this website, the software.

True Launch Bar is one, if not the best application launcher on Windows. The downside is that, by today's standards, it's considered advanced.
The positives, then? If you deal with a huge amount of portable apps (100+), it helps a lot by providing a clear logical and navigational structure.
Obviously, it shines even more when you start having too many apps (applications?) and we're talking 500+ now.

I use it in conjunction with Executor as they're synergistic, and they do similar by different things. Keywords for apps you hardly use, or even hardly remember
is not the most logical approach. Therefore, menus within menus, with clear headings and sub-headings help you navigate when you only
remember the function of the app, but not its exact name.

Personally, I think this beats any application launcher out there, including the one from: "Portable Apps". The only main disadvantage is the setup time
and a somewhat complex procedure. However, relative paths! Yes, you can use relative paths with your shortcuts. This means, that you can keep one
master-structure and then copy it to whatever systems you want, and you can also use launcher nesting, meaning you can run wscc or similar application suits.
You can also have folder-structures within the menus, and then having headings and sections within those menues.

I assume you know how to place the actually applications within a folder structure, otherwise this will take you some time, probably.
A simple way to use the relative path feature is to place your structure in a folder called: #1.
Spoiler!   

ex: C:\#1

So, we do this (remember, you have to actually make the folders yourself, the missing ones obviously):

C:\#1
C:\#1\launchers\truelaunchbar\toolbars\Default Toolbar\Compression\
C:\#1\Compression\7-zip\

then
make a short to: C:\#1\Compression\7-ZipPortable\7-zipPortable.exe
move it here:
C:\#1\launchers\truelaunchbar\toolbars\Default Toolbar\Compression\

Edit the shortcut and remove everything in the: "start in" option.

Show this post to a friend, tell them to try it, copy it to your USB stick, smirk, go home… and profit!

http://www.truelaunchbar.com
http://www.truelaunchbar.com/support/tr ... -free.html

webfork

Re: True Launch Bar - Systematic Menu-Driven Application Launcher

#2 Post by webfork »

Portable_Intellect wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:35 pm I will adress the issue before it can even become one. Eh, what do you mean?
The developer is not personally responsible for the conflict. If you want a personal argument, kindly
PM me, and then we can chat away somewhere in private?
Huh?

Well anyway, welcome to the site. Just so visitors can see some related/review/mirror sites, here's MG and Softpedia:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... h_bar.html
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS ... -Bar.shtml

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

webfork wrote: Huh?
My thought, precisely. :o

Ennovy

#5 Post by Ennovy »

joby_toss wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:05 am Added here: https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=3096
Thanks! and voted

lintalist

#6 Post by lintalist »

webfork wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:41 pmHuh?
He is from that country that invaded another country on 24 February 2022.

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

lintalist wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:09 am
webfork wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:41 pmHuh?
He is from that country that invaded another country on 24 February 2022.
Ah, now I get it. 5 months later ...

Midas

#8 Post by Midas »

I wanted to love True Launch Bar, I really did, but every time I tested it I immediately ran into problems -- summing up:
  • TLbar wouldn't show, even after extensive configuration and many reads of the online help (making me feel completely stupid);
  • When I eventually got it to show (how?), TLBar bumped screen elements over, thus reducing the overall viewport (see screenshot below);
  • Try as I might, my configuration didn't seem to stick, so I had to redo it on every launch.
In the end, using Windows Quick Launch functionality is far simpler, so, again and as in the past, I've given up. :(

FTR & to be verified: TLBar portability is achieved with a plain text 'portable' file (no extension!) in program folder, with a "1" digit in its first line (Boolean "true"?), with settings being kept in a 'profile' sub-folder...

joby_toss

#9 Post by joby_toss »

In my case everything works as intended (Taskbar mode steals the screen estate away from full screen apps if Auto-Hide is disabled) and I... don't dislike it. I also added all the plug-ins from the website (using the included tlbupd.exe app) and they also work fine (in portable mode). I keep it as a backup app for when my beloved PowerPro will stop working, although it's not quite similar (PowerPro is unique), but it has some of its features (through plug-ins).

Midas

#10 Post by Midas »

joby_toss wrote: (Taskbar mode steals the screen estate away from full screen apps if Auto-Hide is disabled)
FYI, auto-hide was one of the first settings I enabled, only to have TLBar disappear again without recourse... So completely, even, I couldn't find it in active processes anymore. :|

Dwel

#11 Post by Dwel »

Cant download. = (

Ennovy

#12 Post by Ennovy »

Click on the arrow on the right and you see more options.
It's safe to download the file