New at NirSoft

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

Re: New at NirSoft

#256 Post by JohnW »

WebCookiesSniffer

I note that WebCookiesSniffer has just been updated in the database.
It has always seemed to me that this is not portable because of its dependency on WinPCap.
As far as I can make out there isn't a portable version of WinPCap; the only viable approach would be to uninstall WinPCap after use (a la WireShark)
Does anyone know if this can be done by an end user or alternatively does anyone have the ear of Mr Sofer?

billon

#257 Post by billon »

@JohnW:

Well, all NirSoft network capturing utilities depends of WinPcap or Microsoft Network Monitor Driver. I think WinPcap is very useful (not only for NirSoft utilities), so I have it installed.

But you can always (not only in WebCookiesSniffer case):
You can also try to use WebCookiesSniffer without installing any driver, by using the 'Raw Sockets' method. Unfortunately, Raw Sockets method has many problems:
  • It doesn't work in all Windows systems, depending on Windows version, service pack, and the updates installed on your system.
  • On Windows 7 with UAC turned on, 'Raw Sockets' method only works when you run WebCookiesSniffer with 'Run As Administrator'.

webfork

#258 Post by webfork »

JohnW wrote:It has always seemed to me that this is not portable because of its dependency on WinPCap.
I've had mixed feelings about this for a long time but this has been accepted on the site since I started here. Ultimately it's similar to the Microsoft dotNET dependency: it's not especially portable but a lot of programs use it.

billon

#259 Post by billon »

LoadedDllsView

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/loaded_dll_view.html
LoadedDllsView is a simple tool for Windows that scans all running processes on your system and displays the list of all DLL files loaded by these processes and the number of processes that load each DLL in the list. When selecting a DLL file in the upper pane of LoadedDllsView, the lower pane displays the list of all processes that use the selected DLL file. You can also select one or more DLL files and then export the list into comma-delimited/tab-delimited/html/xml file.

billon

LoadedDllsView

#260 Post by billon »

Checker

Re: LoadedDllsView

#261 Post by Checker »

Voted ... and thanks for adding :wink:

__philippe

#262 Post by __philippe »

billon wrote:EncryptedRegView
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/encrypted_ ... _view.html
EncryptedRegView is a tool for Windows that scans the Registry of your current running system or the Registry of external hard drive you choose and searches for data encrypted with DPAPI (Data Protection API). When it finds encrypted data in the Registry, it tries to decrypt it and displays the decrypted data in the main window of EncryptedRegView. With this tool, you may find passwords and other secret data stored in the Registry by Microsoft products as well as by 3-party products.
Attempting to download EncrypteRegView v1.01 from the main entry bombs with :
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /toolsdownload/encryptedregview.zip on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
However, downloading straight from Nirsoft site works fine... :roll:

webfork

#263 Post by webfork »

__philippe wrote:downloading straight from Nirsoft site works fine...
Sigh. I expect all the Nirsoft entries are going to require this now or in the future. EDIT: yeah that's the case now.

Good catch, thanks.

webfork

#264 Post by webfork »

<Edit: this was a listing of entries to update to fix the direct download link issue, but now I'm not sure. My location is (for unclear reasons) blocking access to the site so I can't resolve this.>

Andrew Lee

#266 Post by Andrew Lee »

Just to confirm, I do have the same problem downloading EncrypteRegView. So fingers crossed it's the only entry affected.

smaragdus

#267 Post by smaragdus »

@Andrew Lee
Andrew Lee wrote:Just to confirm, I do have the same problem downloading EncrypteRegView. So fingers crossed it's the only entry affected.
VaultPasswordView is also affected.

__philippe

#268 Post by __philippe »

So, can we safely infer the "TPFC-download-VERBOTEN" dreaded syndrome
affects exclusively the most recent Nirsoft products, released since 04-MAR-2017 onwards :?:

Roll of casualties so far:
  • EncryptedRegView  v1.01 04-MAR-2017
    VaultPasswordView v1.06 05-MAR-2017

__philippe

#269 Post by __philippe »

Latest Nirsoft releases now download from TPFC in just about a New York minute :
  • OutlookAttachView v3.00 06-MAR-2017
    ShellMenuView
    v1.35 07-MAR-2017

Verdict:
Temporary Glitch,... Conjecture disproved,...Case dismissed...:!:

__philippe

#270 Post by __philippe »

Aha...the Nirsoft plot thickens again... :roll:
Reopening a closed case ?

Thanks @smaragdus for spotting a new instance of VERBOTEN TPFC-download :
  • SniffPass v1.13
    17-SEP-2014

Thanks ditto @billon for promptly amending the local download pointer 8)