New at NirSoft

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
smaragdus

Re: New at NirSoft

#346 Post by smaragdus »

billon wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:56 pmtpfc is dead
I agree, if it is not billon who is doing an awful lot of work- updating the database entries, submitting new entries to the database, notifying about updates at the forum, this site would crumble.

I have lots of programs which have never been reviewed at the forum but the new phpBB version is so terrible that I feel totally unmotivated. For example before I was able to post whole long URLs while now this is not possible, these long URLs always get truncated so I have to change my whole setup.

__philippe

#347 Post by __philippe »

Never mind the above grumblings, ...we all have to bear the odd gloomy day's side effects... :P

__philippe

#348 Post by __philippe »

Hot off the presses ! Read all about it ! Image

Results of Nirsoft Easter Egg Challenge
Last edited by __philippe on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Special

#349 Post by Special »

You guys should really make an exception and add a "Nirsoft" category for the site, he makes up like 25% of it. Without this site I doubt he would get much exposure, I dunno what it is but I find his site a mess to navigate and impossible to find "update" news about his releases, if it wasn't for here and sometimes MajorGeeks I would never know.

__philippe

#350 Post by __philippe »

Image A little bird just told me... Tweet...ever checked this ? ... :wink:
Last edited by __philippe on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: AppAudioConfig

#351 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 pm Added to the database, please vote
Oh wow, this is a great idea and a great add to the database. I can't count the number of times I've had multiple audio/video applications functioning according to the system sound levels which were completely wrong.

billon

#352 Post by billon »

https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/ wrote: Updated versions of the GeoLite Legacy databases are now only available to redistribution license customers, although anyone can continue to download the March 2018 GeoLite Legacy builds. Starting January 2, 2019, the last build will be removed from our website. GeoLite Legacy database users will need to switch to the GeoLite2 or commercial GeoIP databases and update their integrations by January 2, 2019.

__philippe

#353 Post by __philippe »

Ta, Billon

Eventually, Nir will feel compelled to update CountryTraceRoute to read MaxMind's Geolite2 DB structure,
and might even, (cross fingers), eventually integrate a display of ASN numbers for each hop traversed in the trace...who knows ?

A pal of mine has been bugging Nir on the very subject for ages, would you believe :wink: ,
(ever since CountryTraceroute v1.05-2012 release, actually), to no avail so far, unfortunately... :roll:

webfork

Re: OfflineRegistryView

#354 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:27 pm Added to the database, please vote (OfflineRegistryFinder)
I tried editing the entry a bit just because I thought the author was a little unclear about searching on an "external drive" (which I found confusing) and when you'd want to run a snapshot search. Still please look it over and let me know if it makes sense.
__philippe wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:28 am A little bird just told me... Tweet...ever checked this ? ...
I have. Nir isn't the most responsive of developers I've ever interacted with, though he has responded to a few messages over the years. I might use that route to try and get his attention about suggestions/bugs.

smaragdus

Re: NirSoft

#355 Post by smaragdus »

I usually don't molest developers with stupid questions but I did it last night- I somehow overlooked an obvious option in SysExporter, supposed a bug and contacted Nir Sofer. He responded showing patience and good will pointing at what I missed to notice. I felt ashamed and embarrassed for wasting his time. I have already thanked him but I would like to express my gratitude for his help and tolerance here as well.

webfork

Re: NirSoft

#356 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:01 pm ... express my gratitude for his help and tolerance here as well.
That's really cool of you and glad Nir was helpful :)

Special

NirSoft has an Alpha page (Pre-release NirSoft Tools).

#357 Post by Special »

https://www.nirsoft.net/alpha/

Apparently this page just launched, it's pretty interesting to see whats up and coming from Nir Sofer, so if you're a fan of his stuff its worth checking this page from time to time or even test them early, but remember these might not be 100% stable, so expect bugs.

So far only 7 new programs, personally looking forward to using InstalledAppView.
BrowserDownloadsView
This utility displays the list of the latest files that you downloaded with Chrome and Firefox Web browsers. You can watch the downloads list of your local system, external system, or remote system. It also allows you to calculate the MD5/SHA1/SHA256/SHA512 hash of every downloaded file.

PropertySystemView
PropertySystemView allows you to view and change properties of files, using the property system of Windows operating system. For example, you can change the timestamp stored in .mp4 and other media files (System.Media.DateEncoded and System.ItemDate properties) or add a comment to the file (System.Comment property). You can also set properties to windows (e.g: System.AppUserModel.ID), and you can also view the list of all properties available on your system. You can find a description of all available properties in Microsoft Web site

WinDefThreatsView
WinDefThreatsView displays the list of all threats detected by Windows Defender and allows you to set the default action for the selected threats. You can use this tool on your local computer and also on remote computer, as long as you have permission to access WMI on the remote machine.
This tool works only on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Previous versions of Windows are not supported.

InstalledAppView
InstalledAppView displays the list of all Windows Store apps installed on your system. When selecting app in the upper pane of InstalledAppView window, the lower pane displays the AppxManifest.xml file or AppxBlockMap.xml file of the app. This tool allows you to view the installed app on your local system, on a remote system, and on external hard drive. It also allows you to uninstall the selected apps.

TraceMenuID
TraceMenuID scans all running applications that use the standard menu items of Windows and displays the list of all menu items and their ID. You can use this tool to easily find ID of menu items and then use the ID to execute the menu item using GUIPropView or any other tool that sends WM_COMMAND message. Be aware that many popular applications don't use the standard menu system of Windows and thus this tool won't detect them.
Also, some menu items are detected only at the moment you click the menu bar and the menu is displayed on the screen.

SecurityQuestionsView
SecurityQuestionsView is simple tool that allows you to extract the security questions (Including answers) of Windows 10 operating system. You can extract the security questions from your running system (Elevation is required) or from external drive.

ExtPassword!
ExtPassword! is a powerful tool that extracts passwords and other important data from external hard drive of Windows operating system.
Currently, ExtPassword! supports the following types of passwords: SMTP/POP3/IMAP/HTTP passwords stored by Microsoft Outlook, Web site passwords stored by Chromium-based Web browsers and Firefox-based Web browsers, Web site passwords stored by Microsoft Edge, SMTP/POP3/IMAP passwords stored by Thunderbird, Dialup/VPN passwords stored by Windows operating system, Passwords stored in Windows Credentials files, wireless network keys stored by Windows operating system, security questions of Windows 10, and product keys of Microsoft products.

In order to decrypt all types of passwords, you have to provide the following information: The base path of the external drive (e.g: K:\ ), login passwords of the users (you can type multiple passwords), Master passwords of Mozilla software (Firefox, Thunderbird).

billon

Re: NirSoft has an Alpha page (Pre-release NirSoft Tools).

#358 Post by billon »

Nice! :o

webfork

#359 Post by webfork »

BrowserDownloadsView
This program is great -- I hope he pulls it into general releases soon. I keep messing with different browser plugins that do this with mixed success -- an entirely separate program would be very welcome.

webfork

#360 Post by webfork »

webfork wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:53 pm
BrowserDownloadsView
This program is great -- I hope he pulls it into general releases soon.
Sadly, hashing in the alpha version doesn't work, which isn't exactly a surprise based on the way it was described by Nirsoft (as an alpha).