Quitter - A Quiet Little Twitter Client

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
DWRoelands

Quitter - A Quiet Little Twitter Client

#1 Post by DWRoelands »

I love Twitter, but I didn't love the fact that so many of the desktop clients for Twitter were large downloads with visually-rich Adobe Air interfaces or big flashy websites. I wanted a quiet little Twitter client.

So I wrote Quitter.

Quitter is a Twitter client that doesn't announce itself to the entire cube farm; it runs in a command window (or "DOS window"). There's no installer, no entries in the Start Menu and nothing written to the registry; it will run from a thumbdrive. It's a single small EXE file (about 105k) and it stores its settings in a small XML file.

With Quitter, you can...
-Read, post, reply and retweet.
-Organize the people you follow into groups and read tweets by group.
-Filter (or highlight) tweets from specific users or that contain certain #hashtags.
-Use URL shorteners like TinyUrl.com for tweeting URLs.
-Easily open tweeted links from other users in your default browser (no copy/paste needed)
-Send and receive direct messages
-Follow or unfollow other users

Quitter runs on Windows 2000/XP/Vista and requires Version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework or higher (version 2.0 was released in 2006; most Windows machines should have version 2.0 or higher).

Quitter is free and open-source and will always be both.

You can visit our website at http://www.GetQuitter.com to download the latest version (currently 0.9.3 beta).

Zach Thibeau

Re: Quitter - A Quiet Little Twitter Client

#2 Post by Zach Thibeau »

requires .net not really portable to be honest and here is why with a chart explaining why
http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/d ... able_apps/

mjbdiver

Re: Quitter - A Quiet Little Twitter Client

#3 Post by mjbdiver »

This is awesome! I've been looking for something like this to post tweets to Twitter without a web browser but without any messy installation. This one's a keeper.

Mike