Ceedo, Hopedot, Prayaya thread

Discuss anything related to portable commercial apps here.
renocz

Ceedo, Hopedot, Prayaya thread

#1 Post by renocz »

[Moderator note:

This thread is the destination for everything related to Ceedo, Hopedot, or Prayaya. Some of these are legitimate, some are spam. Some obvious spam links have been deleted.]

---

Hello, i'm just trying to find informations about ceedo (http://www.ceedo.com) a launcher for usb key very interesting!
If anyone use it or have informations, please tell it!
Thanks!
Reno

Alexander

#2 Post by Alexander »

What kind of information you need?

I'm now working on Bookmark Base for U3 and for Ceedo and can tell you a lot about them.

bulawil

mojopac vs ceedo

#3 Post by bulawil »

Hello all New to the forum and new to portable hard drive portability. i was recommended mojopac, which i'm currently on the trial version.. love this application so far, but of course than you start to hear of other application that will render the same type of service like ceedo. Any recommendation or suggestion.

thanks
bulawil

DSpeed

#4 Post by DSpeed »

Give uStart a try:-

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1017

Program on the USB is only 74 kb + 5 kb .prefs file. After unpacking remove 'sources' folder.
Very easy to use on any PC - Just goto 'Start > Run > Browse to Removable Disk > Click on uStart > Open > OK'
An icon appears in the taskbar, left click to open, right click to configure.

EpicFail236

I was a beta tester...

#5 Post by EpicFail236 »

For ceedo some time ago. Honestly, I thought the program was excellent for a start, but came up short. First, the program was slow, I mean slower than U3 slow. On faster machines this may not be as much of an issue, but when I take portability into consideration, I like to make sure it will run smoothly anywhere. Ceedo was a great menu to have, though, and it was well organized. the skinable interface made for an adjustable experience if you wanted, and the launcher even had a quick-launch section.

Perhaps the best part of ceedo was its "api-hook" function. Similar to JauntePE, the launcher would hook onto installers and programs and store infromation and settings on the key, making many more programs usable in a portable envrionment. What was also nice (and something most portable applications miss) is that the API hook actually catches things like "my documents" and redirects them to the flash drive. All in all a through little tool, not as advanced as JauntePE, but extremely useful nontheless. Oh, and no it wont run Outlook, I tried and failed miserably.

All in all, Ceedo had its failings, but honestly it was a great little program to use, especially if you are looking for a few more advanced programs that are simpler, but not quite portable.

Have fun!

nomadchow
Location: Add: 10F, NO. 5 Building, Haihuaju, World Garden, Shenzhen City, China,P.R.C

Prayaya V3 , the next generation USB drive

#6 Post by nomadchow »

Prayaya V3 turns any PC into your own PC
Prayaya V3 is a Mini-Windows which allows you to have your required programs and data on a USB Flash Drive or any Portable Storage Devices. Plug into any PC, you can manage your work files, send and receive emails, instant messaging with Clients and Friends,, edit photos and much more. With Prayaya V3 Smart Drive, you are no longer bound to any PC. Prayaya V3 Smart Drive can turn any PC into your own PC. When you unplug Prayaya V3 Smart Drive from the PC, no trace of your data will be left behind.

Get Prayaya V3 for your USB Flash drive
Prayaya V3 keeps your personal information at your fingertips。Prayaya V3 simply installed on your USB drive. Once you have an embedded Prayaya V3 drive, there are hundreds of software applications available, all what you need to do is clicking on your mouse with you fingertips .Prayaya V3 gives you the ability to carry your data files and your software applications on the USB Flash drives. You can have your preference, MSN, QQ, Skye, Outlook Express, Antivirus software, and more -----everything you need for a familiar computing experience on any PC you encountered
Prayaya V3 gets you synchronized

Prayaya V3 is the highly acclaimed, award-winning powerful synchronization engine that makes your data mobile and automatically synchronizes your information afterworking from remote computers[url]www.prayaya.com

Zach Thibeau

Uhmm

#7 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Could you next time provide a link ;). anyways I think I found it

http://www.prayaya.com/eng/

alanbcohen

#8 Post by alanbcohen »

Shareware with a thirty day trial.

Local

#9 Post by Local »

It always makes me wonder when submissions come in and the users sig is the products name.
S'funny how many of these progs are payware/far from portable too....

Strange that

spaztastic

#10 Post by spaztastic »

Yea, someone do us all a favor and inform the user that posted this thread that the website is called Portable Freeware. Keyword: Freeware. That means that the software is free. Not payware, not shareware, not trialware.

stumpii

#11 Post by stumpii »

Move to the Portable Payware Discussion section.

livebird

prayaya v3:A Dead Simple Way To make any pc Portable

#12 Post by livebird »

Prayaya V3 encapsulates the entire personal computing environment in a portable USB device

About Prayaya V3

Prayaya V3 is a Mini-Windows which allows you to have your required programs and data on a USB Flash Drive or any Portable Storage Devices. Plug into any PC, you can manage your work files, send and receive emails, instant messaging with Clients and Friends, edit photos and much more. With Prayaya V3 Smart Drive, you are no longer bound to any PC. Prayaya V3Smart Drive can turn any PC into your own PC. When you unplug Prayaya V3 Smart Drive from the PC, no trace of your data will be left behind.

To get started with V3
Just plug your portable storage device into any Windows machine USB port and download Prayaya V 3 from Prayaya download centre: www.prayaya.com , the V3 guide will help you to finish the installation procedure. Applications available for Prayaya V3 covers almost all software usage you may engage, from instant messengers, web browsers, to secure solutions including AES 256 encryption, one-click encryption, USB fire wall etc… You can even find support from Prayaya team to get your own applications portable. In a word, Prayaya V3 smart drive is the ultimate DIY drive which enables a portable computing environment.

Benefits from Prayaya v3
keeps your personal information and applications at your fingertips。Once you have an embedded Prayaya V3 drive, there are hundreds of software applications available
>>Choose the best combination from Prayaya download centre, and build your DIY portable computing environment;
>>Put your preferred computing environment in your pocket and enjoy it any where you have access to a host PC, V3 is just like a magician who turns any PC into your own PC
>> Protect your privacy, once you unplug Pryaya V3 smart drive, everything will be kept within the USB drive only.
>> No more privacy exposure. Prayaya V3 will automatically eliminate your data from the USB drive once a certain times of unauthorized access encountered. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about your privacy once your USB drive lost or theft.
>>V3 delivers you business continuity. If one computer down, you can simply move Pryaya V3 smart drive to another PC, no more waiting for system recovery.

DOWNLOAD and 30-day trial

PRAYAYA V3

livebird

prayaya v3 and ceedo

#13 Post by livebird »

Ceedo and prayaya v3 both have advantages over the other..
Ceedo has more "configurability" to it than prayaya v3, BUT, I like some of the apps for prayaya v3 better. In my opinion, prayaya v3 is much better than ceedo.
First ,Ceedo doesn't leave no traces on the host computer
while PRAYAYA V3 does (it is very important in the line of work i'm in).

Second,the biggest advantage is the many apps you can use on the prayaya v3.

Third, sometimes long loading time with ceedo gets me angry while prayaya v3 not .
I bought prayaya v3 and I am more than satisfied.

Just my opinion.....
http://www.prayaya.com/
http://www.ceedo.com/

chilesdog2

prayaya v3,what is prayaya v3?

#14 Post by chilesdog2 »

what is prayaya v3?
prayaya v3 and ceedo,are they very similar?

xidi

Re: prayaya v3,what is prayaya v3?

#15 Post by xidi »

chilesdog2 wrote:what is prayaya v3?
prayaya v3 and ceedo,are they very similar?
Prayaya v3 is one of several portable virtualization applications developed by Prayaya international. Prayaya v3 turns any USB 2.0 storage device, such as iPods,USB-enabled cell phones,USB flash drives, portable hard drives,and USB-enabled digital cameras, into a portable computing environment. Carry your data files,settings and applications (such as Outlook, Mozilla Firefox, MSN) on any USB 2.0 storage device.Run them on any PC - at home or at work.Keeps your personal information at your fingertips

Usage
To setup the Prayaya v3 device, the user downloads Prayaya V3 Setup and runs the installer and selects a USB device attached to the system. Once prayaya v3 is installed, it creates an executable in the root of that device along with an autorun file that gives the user the option of starting the prayaya v3 environment automatically when the device is plugged in. Once this application is started, a new small Windows Desktop is started up in the virtualized prayaya v3 environment and there are hundreds of software applications available(such as MSN, Flashget, Skye, Outlook Express,Mozilla Firefox), all what the user need to do is clicking on your mouse with you fingertips .The user can switch between the host environment and the prayaya v3 environment by using the small Windows Desktop. Once the user is done with the applications, they just exit out of prayaya v3 and eject the USB device.

To run the applications on a different computer, the user does not need to reinstall the application. The user can plug the portable storage device into any Windows computer,such as windows NT,windows 2000, windows 2003,windeows xp,windows vista. All the user's settings, applications, and data are protected in Prayaya V3 storage device . The computer does not need any special applications or drivers installed to use prayaya v3.

When you unplug Prayaya V3 storage device from the host PC, no trace of your data will be left behind.