Cyberduck - file server connection client

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Cyberduck - file server connection client

#1 Post by webfork »

Cyberduck -- a very mature open source (GPL) Mac project -- has put out a Windows beta. Based on some initial tests, I don't think its portable, but this is a project that has a portable version out for the Mac FeeSmug project, so we might see a portable Windows client down the line.

It connects to some services that no other client can:
With an easy to use interface, connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), FTP/TLS (FTP secured over SSL/TLS), SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer), WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), Amazon S3, Google Storage, Google Docs, Windows Azure and Rackspace Cloud Files. Works with emerging open cloud software from Eucalyptus and OpenStack.
http://cyberduck.ch/

Update: Still untested. Installed, copied contents of Program Files, but program wouldn't start (looks like an XP SP2 incompatibility).

Update2: Doesn't look like its going to happen.

Update3: Someone submitted a feature request, but doesn't look good.

webfork

Re: Cyberduck Windows beta

#2 Post by webfork »

Recently re-tested this program. The Windows version has come a long way but no change on portability as far as I can tell.

--

On a related note, I wonder if a huge red button on the toolbar qualifies as nagware:
You can (sort of) get rid of it by just adding more toolbar items and resizing the window a little.

This program is pretty excellent and I definitely want them to make money off their work without bundleware, but it's a moment where you want to draw a line somehow.