Kaku - audio/video services front-end

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Kaku - audio/video services front-end

#1 Post by webfork »

Tested out a cross-platform (Win/Mac/Linux), open source music player Kaku that looked really cool. So far I'm really happy with the player as it keeps things simple.

Steps:

1. Run Uniextract 2 on the installation file, then open the folder: Kaku-Setup-1.9.0\Additional files\$PLUGINSDIR

2. Here you'll see both the 32 and 64 apps in 7zip files. Unzip depending on your OS and launch Kaku.exe

Although they just released a new version, according to this https://github.com/EragonJ/Kaku/issues/495 , it looks like the project is struggling a bit so I'm not sure if they'd be interested in putting together a portable version.

As with most front-ends like this, it relies a bit on up-to-date embedded players for the different services (mixcloud, soundcloud, youtube) so whether or not this continues to be useful depends on whether or not the devs keep up with it.

Other notes:

* Strangely, the window won't resize below 1325x750
* I only tested MixCloud and Youtube but so far so good