FlexiPDF Basic

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

FlexiPDF Basic

#1 Post by webfork »

First mentioned by Ennovy, a PDF tool from the Softmaker folks.

Short version
: You're much better off in most ways with PDF XChange or Foxit, as this program is well behind the curve. It might be a good alternative for the (also not portable) junkware PDFCreator just to have a free print-to-PDF driver.

Security note: the use of actually good PDF security (AES 128). Every other freeware tool I've tested uses an old standard with weak encryption.
License: Liteware (standard vs pro). Isn't this registerware? No. Although it asks for an email address but doesn't require a product key (unlike it's sister program FreeOffice)

Version tested: About menu: 1.04 Website: 2017

Steps:
  1. Install
  2. On the additional tasks tab, uncheck everything, especially the PDF printer
  3. Copy to another folder
  4. Uninstall
  5. Launch Flexpdf.exe
Got error:

Code: Select all

Unable to initialise. 

Please contact support with the details of the 
error message shown below.
Open failed, C:\ProgramData\FlexiPDF\1\product.basic.xml [CWD:C:\Users\USER\Desktop\flexipdfbasic2017]
I also tested Uniextract2 with the same result.

webfork

Re: FlexiPDF Basic

#2 Post by webfork »

Due to some very nice experiences by this developer's other product (FreeOffice) yesterday, I came back to FlexiPDF, this time the 2019 version. Unfortunately didn't find much versus other similar tools apart from an auto-crop and search-and-redact, all with a watermark.

Steps:

Install, uninstall, launch

Status: Not portable, won't run outside the Program Files directory. Also writes info to AppData\Local.

(Also tried Uniextract without success)

Limitations:
You can try out FlexiPDF for free as long as you want. A watermark is added to edited pages.
Free vs. Pro: https://www.softmaker.com/en/flexipdf-features