Image Compressor 2008 - Image Manager

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Image Compressor 2008 - Image Manager

#1 Post by webfork »

Short version: stay away.

Synopsis: Image manager I was hoping would work as an alternative to Microsoft Office Photo Editor, which I still use over a lot of great free options.

Status: Setup on this one was a pain and not ultimately worth it. Along with all the other problems, it also writes to HKU/Software/Masrizal

The process below resulted in a bunch of error messages and then ultimately asks you for an email address to register. It closes when you refuse (as I did).
  1. Download, unzip, uniexract (with "InstallSheild /b switch" option) and click OK.
    Choose OK when prompted and then cancel the installation process.
  2. Re-run Uniextract on:
    IMC2008F_6800\uni_mjaeosl\Image Compressor 2008 Free Edition.msi with default settings (just click ok when prompted)
  3. Move files from inside Image Compressor 2008 Free Edition\program files\MasRizal\IMC2008 to a folder of your choice
  4. Launch IMC.exe
EDIT: The home page doesn't even list the program anymore and the softpedia mirror only shows the demo version: https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedi ... ssor.shtml