Wallmaster 1.2

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
webfork

Wallmaster 1.2

#1 Post by webfork »

So I was wanting to get a multi-monitor setup to have a cool desktop background so I decided to test this out...

License: GPL, requires dotNET 3.5

AddictiveTips Review: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... tor-setup/

Ran UniExtract with default settings - works fine, but found some oddities/bugs:

1. You can't minimize it and get it back. You have to close.
2. (deal breaker for me) If you have two monitors that aren't the same size, it won't work correctly.

Status: Doesn't appear to save any settings at all, I wasn't able to track registry changes. I think this has a lot of promise and I'm interested to see where it goes, but for the moment, it's not a program I'd mess with. Tested v.1.2

Also seemed to cause problems with my UI. Had to restart my machine. Will leave this one alone.

I am Baas

Re: Wallmaster 1.2

#2 Post by I am Baas »

Give Bgcall a try.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

I am Baas wrote:Give Bgcall a try.
Cool, thanks

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Old thread update:

Never quite got this cleared up, but found a reasonably effective workaround: using Firefox, I set a VERY big image as wallpaper with the "center" option. It filled up both screens effectively without the border I was getting around Window's own wallpaper manager. Of course I'd like to be able to control both screens but works for the time being.