Stud_PE

Post details of freeware that are found to be not portable here. Posts in the submissions forum relating to freeware found to be not portable should also be moved here.
guinness

Re: Stud_PE

#16 Post by guinness »

You're free to do what you want :)

I am Baas

#17 Post by I am Baas »

The PAF Launcher works great. Thanks again, guinness.

guinness

#18 Post by guinness »

You're welcome, first time I've created a PAF installer and didn't have much hope for it working. Maybe I should start developing for PortableApps :mrgreen:

I am Baas

#19 Post by I am Baas »

Stud_PE V2.6.0.7 [11 mar 2012]:
-added support for drag&drop under w7,vista on 64bit OS's; there is a bug with "x86" in IShellLink::GetPath
for 32bit app running on 64bit OS;
-found some import's names with the lenght greater than 500 chars! see adobe CS5, the imports from the
boost libs; fixed the buffers to support such situations aaaand...
-fixed a security issue, related to the size of import/export functions' names; "The vulnerability is caused
due to a boundary error when parsing the names of functions exported by an analysed portable executable.
This can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow by tricking a user into processing a specially
crafted ".dll" or ".exe" file." (http://secunia.com/advisories/39130)
-fixed 3 bugs reported by snailz; unhandled situations when no pe file was loaded;
-it seems that TLS dir size is ignored by windows, so let Stud_Pe buttons enabled on 0 size image data dirs;
(http://waleedassar.blogspot.com/2012/03 ... backs.html)
-bugfix in hexeditor; when exploring large pe sections/data (MB), at the end of the VScoll, the program was
stuck in an endless paint;
Settings: Registry