Technical information about image files

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
lautrepay

Re: Technical information about image files

#16 Post by lautrepay »

Hi spicydog,
I made a fresh installation of XnView 1.98 beta 2 on a XP 32 SP3 and found a strange thing. All the rotate and flip operations were completed, but it seems there's a problem with the preview (I'm not sure, aparently depends on the size of the file).
1- Sometimes the correct preview is shown inmediatly after rotate or flip the picture.
2- Sometimes you have to refresh the folder to see the preview of the result.
3- Sometimes you have to go to another folder and turn back to the original one to have the right preview.
But everytime when you open the picture in your default app, from the explorer or clicking in the preview of the shell extension, you'll inmediatly see the result of the rotate or flip.
That's not how the extension is supposed to act, but I think it will be fixed in the next stable release. I hope the 64 bits version remains untouched...
Maybe if you wait some few days...
Have a nice day!

spicydog

#17 Post by spicydog »

lautrepay wrote:Hi spicydog,
I made a fresh installation of XnView 1.98 beta 2 on a XP 32 SP3 and found a strange thing. All the rotate and flip operations were completed, but it seems there's a problem with the preview (I'm not sure, aparently depends on the size of the file).
1- Sometimes the correct preview is shown inmediatly after rotate or flip the picture.
2- Sometimes you have to refresh the folder to see the preview of the result.
3- Sometimes you have to go to another folder and turn back to the original one to have the right preview.
But everytime when you open the picture in your default app, from the explorer or clicking in the preview of the shell extension, you'll inmediatly see the result of the rotate or flip.
That's not how the extension is supposed to act, but I think it will be fixed in the next stable release. I hope the 64 bits version remains untouched...
Maybe if you wait some few days...
Have a nice day!
Hi lautrepay,

Thanks again for all your efforts and for the update.

I would like to inform you that I have contacted Pierre (XnView developer) and asked him to look into this matter.

He already wrote back and asked some more details, which I promptly emailed him with a small suggestion/feature request and I am hopeful that he will soon fix the rotation/flipping matter and also introduce the small change that I suggested.

Let's stay in touch and keep each other updated.

Wish you a good day too :mrgreen:

lautrepay

#18 Post by lautrepay »

I would like to inform you that I have contacted Pierre (XnView developer) and asked him to look into this matter.

He already wrote back and asked some more details, which I promptly emailed him with a small suggestion/feature request and I am hopeful that he will soon fix the rotation/flipping matter and also introduce the small change that I suggested.
Spicydog, that's what I call efficiency :D
Thanks!