The deletion of language in PortableApps version does not seem to work. However, I compared these two versions by performing a raw test "on field"!
I install the Portable LibreOffice in my USB stick, under "G:\Portable Software" folder, but, at first run, I received this error:
Let's change the path in "G:\Portable_Software"; the program starts, but immediately it looks for Java, without finding it:
Ok, for a test doesn't matter! Then I create a writer document and try to save it, but the "My Documents" folder on host pc opens!
From Options|Paths, the path to "My Documents" point to the "My Documents" folder of the host pc (..a little bit unusual place to look for documents in a portable device!).
I "force" to save the document in the "Data" folder on my pendrive and then I found it in "Recent Documents":
Well done! But when I move my pendrive to my laptop (now the path is E:\), the "Recent" path is not updated.
I try opening the Recent Document, but I receive another error. The Recent Documents list has been also deleted.
Next step: if I change the name of the folder containing the program, I get another very strange error: "The path to LibreOffice Portable has changed...some features may not work":
Now, same procedures with the UNOfficial winPenPack's portable version.
The program correctly runs from folders having spaces in their path; at first run (and just if not already present on my portable device) Java is automatically downloaded and installed in X-LibreOffice structure; changing the drive letter, all Recent files and other paths are correctly updated; the documents are saved in the right "Documents" folder present inside X-LibreOffice structure; no errors! Neither if you change location, nor if you rename the program's folder.
Shortly, in my humbly opinion, UNofficial X-LibreOffice quality is definitely higher than *OFFICIAL* Portable LibreOffice.