I am Baas wrote:
Hey I am Baas, THANKS
for your great suggestion!!!
Excellent, simple and fast program, definitely a keeper!!!
My feedback after a short trial of "Fotowall" (if you used the program for a while and you are familiar with its "hidden" features, if any, please feel free to correct my statement):
- "Fotowall" closed unexpectedly (and all of a sudden) a couple of times and my job was lost... Still a bit unstable, probably?
- Copy and paste and also drag and drop are both not supported, but adding images via the add toolbar command is pretty straightforward.
- Inserting shapes/elements (arrows, straight and curved lines, ellipses, rectangles etc.) is not supported unless you keep somewhere a collection of these shapes in .png (with transparency) format and you add them as images.
- I am missing an auto-alignment feature and/or a grid/guide overlay.
- I am also missing the ability to resize added images by inputting specific coordinates (% of the original size or actual X and Y dimensions in pixels or other unit). It is a pity that this is not an available feature because sometime I add a dozen of small images and I know that at say, 150% of their original size they render in the right way, so I just select them all and set the 150% magnification ratio and I am done... In "Fotowall" I have absolutely no control over the accurate size of one (or -most important- multiple) image/s.
- Text formatting is good but it is missing:
a) The option to wrap text (you have to hit the return key manually if you want text to fit a specific box size)
b) The option to align text within its box (very strange that it is not available, actually)... Maybe I overlooked that... As far as you know is it actually possible to center text or align it left/right?
c) The option to have text follow its box size. (Once a text box has been created you can only resize it as you would resize an image so if you drag the edges of the text box the text does not auto-fit the size of the box but it actually shrinks and keeps its original size and line formatting).
Probably -since I like this program a lot and it fits almost entirely my needs- it would be easier to send a short memo (resuming the points above) to the developing team and see if they are willing to add some of these features, what do you think?Thanks again for the tip
and if you know something I don't about the few "shortcomings" mentioned above and you have a moment I would really appreciate if you could send me a short comment