I have the next release loosely scheduled for the beginning of August. I'l try to address the concerns you all have posed by then.
Keep the comments and thoughts coming! I'm just one person but I'll keep working on it until it really works for as many people as possible.
> Island Boy: ArtRage v2.2 ?? portable??
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... tion.shtml
Its not been accepted by PFWC but this was a program I couldn't leave out. Its just too cool.
2. You left your downloads data in BitComet. Razz
Yes, I use this archive daily in the interests of customizing it to the "average user" and not just what the developer likes. Unfortunately that means I sometimes leave data behind. (D'oh)
3. Firefox secure? It would be much more secure if it was a small Linux VirtualMachine with FF installed running under QEMU.
Absolutely and that's a very cool idea but, just like a PGP solution I'm very interested in, I don't think most people would want that. Being more secure in this case means a little more privacy and a few barriers; the average user doesn't want a fortress.
(Unless of course I'm wrong about that and people DO want a fortress.)
4. Some programs have forgotten uninstall data.
Good catch. When you update 10-15 programs at a time, sometimes you rush.
5. You could really rename PhotoFiltre directory.
Agreed -- and many other directories I need to do that to. Its just a gradual process.
6. It really needs categorization, all these programs in 1 directory is very messy.
I'm trying to strike a balance between too many subdirectories and too many noisy submenus. I'll go the direction you suggest with the next release.
7. You have some programs with launchers, even though they are portable by themselves. It only slows startup down, increases risk of false antivirus warning, or bug.
Gotcha -- I'll clear that up.
8. Don't you think that pglite is a better choice for portable use than full PeerGuardian?
I don't know -- I'll look into it. PG has worked very well for me for a long time so I haven't tried alternatives.
9. With PeerGuardian for sure, possibly somewhere else too - no x64 compatibility.
10. Why do you include multiple versions of the same program like with Winamp or Clipboard Recorder?
This archive has gotten very big and sometimes I can't keep track of it all. I'll run a duplicate search for any others.
> iwoolf: I've made several attempts at downloading
My host is having issues with his machine. Hence the deposit files link. Will hopefully switch / add servers sometime soon.
> FlightGeek: ICE ECC
I like the PAR2 solution for data redundancy a little better but I think BitTorrent will better address any missing data. However, if I have a lot of users asking for that, I'll totally post it.